I used anti-corrosion lube instead of fogging oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

qcompgreg

Winterizing my 2004 GTI LE RFI. Grabbed the wrong can and sprayed the anti- corrosive lube into the air box. Any thoughts on what I should do?
Was thinking that I will start it back up on the hose and just spray in the storage oil, but won’t if someone knows that there is no harm leaving the anti-corrosive stuff in there. I did spray storage oil into the cylinders.
Opinions?

I'd have to see the can. I can tell you that the fogging oil smells almost exactly like the oil we use on airplanes as an anti-corrosive. Main purpose of the fog is to create an anti-corrsive barrier between the elements and the components of the ski. If you are concerned you can spray more fog but I wouldn't be concerned. You sure as hell ain't gettin it out of there. LOL Good Luck.

I'd have to see the can. I can tell you that the fogging oil smells almost exactly like the oil we use on airplanes as an anti-corrosive. Main purpose of the fog is to create an anti-corrsive barrier between the elements and the components of the ski. If you are concerned you can spray more fog but I wouldn't be concerned. You sure as hell ain't gettin it out of there. LOL Good Luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 14
Spray more fogging oil in there and sleep well. That is a moisture barrier and it creeps in everywhere. It doesn't dry, it wicks.

Fire it up and refog it if your worried but years ago I used to fog everything with sea Doo lube never had a problem.but on some lubes like wd 40 will actually make rubber stick to aluminum and steal.when it dries up.i put a set of dirt bike grips on in a pinch and it actually made them stick.until the first watery roost hit them then the grip came off the bars and finished the moto with no grip and bad forearm pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back