Alternatives to winterizing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jfhatfield

I have a 2019 Spark Trixx that is new to me, as are PWC's in general. I do live in an area with a winter that can see multiple days in a row below freezing so I understand the benefit of purging water from the exhaust system since my storage is not climate controlled. I also understand that gas can spoil when it sits for a good while, so a stabilizer will help prevent that problem. As for the other recommended "winterizing" procedures, I have some questions. Seadoo recommends Internal Engine Lubrication, where you remove the spark plug and apply Lub & Anti-Corrosive spray. Is this the same procedure that some refer to as "fogging"? I understand it to be of help to fight corrosion while the engine isn't operating for quite a while. I'm assuming the corrosion can creep in because all the oil drains back and to the lowest part of the engine and this leaves some parts of it without oil covering it. Is that true, and could you instead just go and run the engine a short while, like every two weeks or so, to circulate the oil throughout the engine, or is it needed because it provides protection for parts that don't benefit from the oil?

Fogging is what Sea-Doo is talking about and there XPS Lube is a fancy fogging oil. Fogging oils are designed to not gravitate away from cylinder walls to help prevent corrosion and dry starts which can occur after 30 days of storage.

I have a 2019 Spark Trixx that is new to me, as are PWC's in general. I do live in an area with a winter that can see multiple days in a row below freezing so I understand the benefit of purging water from the exhaust system since my storage is not climate controlled. I also understand that gas can spoil when it sits for a good while, so a stabilizer will help prevent that problem. As for the other recommended "winterizing" procedures, I have some questions. Seadoo recommends Internal Engine Lubrication, where you remove the spark plug and apply Lub & Anti-Corrosive spray. Is this the same procedure that some refer to as "fogging"? I understand it to be of help to fight corrosion while the engine isn't operating for quite a while. I'm assuming the corrosion can creep in because all the oil drains back and to the lowest part of the engine and this leaves some parts of it without oil covering it. Is that true, and could you instead just go and run the engine a short while, like every two weeks or so, to circulate the oil throughout the engine, or is it needed because it provides protection for parts that don't benefit from the oil?
If you run your engine every two weeks there is not need for fogging the cylinders.

Back