I picked up 2 1998 Sea Doo GS and now I have noob questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
That underseat tube.

If you can confirm it is the same one that was used on a 94 XP then I have one for you. I don't use mine anymore, pay the shipping from Fairbanks AK and you can have it.

That underseat tube.

If you can confirm it is the same one that was used on a 94 XP then I have one for you. I don't use mine anymore, pay the shipping from Fairbanks AK and you can have it.
Man, I really appreciate that but I already have one! I picked one up off of eBay for $26 shipped to my door.
Thanks for the offer though!

I have both done now. I have a question. I replaced the small diameter oil lines in the carb area, the oil filter, fuel filter, all the fuel lines, fuel selector switch, rebuilt the carbs. Given what all I have replaced, what should I do before starting them for the first time? Is there a procedure for priming the fuel and oil lines at the same time? I've seen posts about doing one or the other, but not really anything about a procedure after replacing both oil and fuel lines. Thanks!

You don’t really have to worry about the fuel lines. Just open the bleed screw on the oil pump and let it gravity feed until fresh oil is coming out, and then close the bleed screw. Then I like to add a teaspoon or so of premix in each spark plug hole just to make sure it fires and there’s some lubrication there. After that, crank it up and let it idle while you reach in and move the lever on the oil pump to wide open with your hand. It will take 20-30 seconds to fill the small oil lines, but you should see it move along. Once those lines are full you’re good to go.

You don’t really have to worry about the fuel lines. Just open the bleed screw on the oil pump and let it gravity feed until fresh oil is coming out, and then close the bleed screw. Then I like to add a teaspoon or so of premix in each spark plug hole just to make sure it fires and there’s some lubrication there. After that, crank it up and let it idle while you reach in and move the lever on the oil pump to wide open with your hand. It will take 20-30 seconds to fill the small oil lines, but you should see it move along. Once those lines are full you’re good to go.
Awesome, thanks for the information!

I just tested the first one, fired up and running great. Looks like the small oil lines at the pump are full with no bubbles. One more to go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back