I need some advice, OPINIONS NEEDED! Help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

skidmarks

Hi everybody, I posted here a few years ago when I was first looking to buy a Sea-Doo. I ended up getting a pretty good deal on a 2012 GTI 130. The condition is a 6.5/10 with 160 hours on it. Right now I am looking at a 2013 Wake 155 with 98 hours, perfect condition, listed for $8000. I bought my GTI 2 years ago for $6500. The GTI is a good PWC but I want something that is easier to pull skiers, tubers, and wake boarders with, and is a little more comfortable, stable, and powerful.
1) This ski seems perfect, but Is the difference going to be noticeable? Would this be a good purchase?
2) What should I be asking for a price? Here in MN I can not even find any 2011 PWC + IBR for less than $7000 right now, let alone in the summer.. Would $6000 be crazy to ask for it?
3) What is y'all's take on the 2013 Wake 155? Is it reliable? I have only heard good things about it, but would like some more opinions.
4) I am going to look at the 2013 at the dealership on Monday. Is there anything specific I should be looking for on it?
5) Any other opinions, advice, or anything else would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Last edited:
the wake 155 is basically the same machine you have now but with a little more torque and more features, just as reliable as a 130, you could basically turn any seadoo into a wake just by adding a tow pylon and the ski module, add the wake board rack too if you want, most people I know never use the rack anyways. look at the bottom of the machine for any cracks or damage, inspect the wear ring and impeller on the inlet and outlet sides. Check the steering for wear or play in the bushings. check the overall condition of the machine inside the bilge and outside, if it looks like it have been taken care of then that is usually a good indication. If you are buying from a reputable seadoo dealer that helps also. the dealer would likely know what the compression is and if they didn't know they should be willing to do a compression test for you before bought it.

Ah okay, that is what I thought. I had looked into getting the ski module, the step in the back, and the pylon but that would put me at around $800 to have installed at the seadoo dealer. So I figure if I can get 6K for mine and talk the dealer down I would be paying $1500 (not including tax title license) for a newer ski with all that plus lower hours and better shape.

Also, I will def look at what you had mentioned! Thank you very much! I am hoping that it is in good shape, and this works out the best for me.

One more thing I should have asked, I want the ski to be easy to use and just as comfortable as the 130. My parents and other family who are not in their prime years often ride it, so I want it to be stable and comfortable if not more than my 130. The 155 seems just more comfortable and decked out, just with more power when I need it..

Thanks so much for your input!

Ah okay, that is what I thought. I had looked into getting the ski module, the step in the back, and the pylon but that would put me at around $800 to have installed at the seadoo dealer. So I figure if I can get 6K for mine and talk the dealer down I would be paying $1500 (not including tax title license) for a newer ski with all that plus lower hours and better shape.

Also, I will def look at what you had mentioned! Thank you very much! I am hoping that it is in good shape, and this works out the best for me.

One more thing I should have asked, I want the ski to be easy to use and just as comfortable as the 130. My parents and other family who are not in their prime years often ride it, so I want it to be stable and comfortable if not more than my 130. The 155 seems just more comfortable and decked out, just with more power when I need it..

Thanks so much for your input!

I think you will find it to be what your used to with a little more power/torque, the pylon and ski module will make it much easier to tow with, just make sure you don't use the pylon to tow tubes.

If you can swing that deal that would make a pretty cheap upgrade if it's in a good of shape as what you think it is. Good luck!

I have not ridden a GTi 130 before but I have ridden a wake 155 and as mentioned above, I don’t suspect you will notice a huge power difference between the two but that wake 155 is a great machine and will likely do most anything you need it to. Iirc, it tops out around 55mph or so, which is plenty fast for most. I had a speedster 155 and a speedster 215 and there was quite a big difference there with the low end torque as far as getting people up on a wakeboard especially. That’s really where most of your powers difference will be noticed, when you have a supercharger. If you are wanting to cut the person by $1500 on an $8k ski, the worst they can say is no, but I would think they wouldn’t go lower than $7k-7500, depending on how bad they want to move it. Money talks though and if you show them a wad of cash, that helps.

I have not ridden a GTi 130 before but I have ridden a wake 155 and as mentioned above, I don’t suspect you will notice a huge power difference between the two but that wake 155 is a great machine and will likely do most anything you need it to. Iirc, it tops out around 55mph or so, which is plenty fast for most. I had a speedster 155 and a speedster 215 and there was quite a big difference there with the low end torque as far as getting people up on a wakeboard especially. That’s really where most of your powers difference will be noticed, when you have a supercharger. If you are wanting to cut the person by $1500 on an $8k ski, the worst they can say is no, but I would think they wouldn’t go lower than $7k-7500, depending on how bad they want to move it. Money talks though and if you show them a wad of cash, that helps.
Thank you for a great reply! I have decided that the wake 155 is out, just not necessary unless its a big jump like you say. That being said, I have found a GTR 215 supercharged for 8k, if I install the ski module (does that have it already?) and a pylon I think that would be more what I would be looking for... would that be better?

Thank you for a great reply! I have decided that the wake 155 is out, just not necessary unless its a big jump like you say. That being said, I have found a GTR 215 supercharged for 8k, if I install the ski module (does that have it already?) and a pylon I think that would be more what I would be looking for... would that be better?

I don’t think the GTR comes with the ski module. The pylon would be a good add on. Can you not just find a wake 215 for around 8k? Between the ski module and pylon, you are looking at around $700 give or take. If you got a steal on one, that would make sense to do that but hey, it’s your money, not mine.

I think jumping up to a SC machine is the way to go. Though the 155 is a fantastic engine, it really isn’t enough over the 130 for you to gain the ease and performance that you are looking to gain.

I own a 155 and a 255. The difference between them is astronomical. I’ve ridden a GTI 130 and was shocked at how well it did. It is hard to actually feel the difference between the 130 and the 155. The actual difference is the Cam and the MPEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back