How well do Seadoo boats pull skiers?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

markrvp

Now that I've got a couple of jet skis, I've decided I want a boat. I was looking at either a Speedster or Challenger.

I want a boat to pull skiers and tubes... how well do the SeaDoo boats compare in towing to say a Mastercraft ski boat?

I have not owned any other boat or pulled a skier, but i have pulled tubes. I pull the BIG BERTHA tube with 2 adults in it and 3 adults in the boat all the time.

Hey Mark,
Pull skiers all the time, wake, slalom, biscuits, knee boards.
Wake, guys like it 10 inch lip at 23mph, will buy ballast soon.
slalom, fast and smooth, only 1 so far but think i have power for 2 maybe 3.
Biscuits,have pulled 3 at one time no trouble and fast enough to flip them out the back of the tube at half throttle!!!!!:rofl:
Knee boards, 2 at a time no trouble, found when they both swing to one side can pull the back of the boat around, had to use a lot of throttle to turn against them!!
All this from twin 110hp, i think they are good enough, but it's not a V8!!:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 08 challenger and it pulls wakeboards and tubes all day with 6 people in the boat. It's not quite as snappy out of the water with so many people in it, but with a driver + spotter you should have no problem skiing.

I've pulled a Sea Doo tube with 2 people on it with 4 of my friend on the boat and it had enough power....

The older boats if I am not mistaken can deliver a whoping 32 hp per jet pump but I believe it will be a lot less than that on take off. I allso believe if you would like to do more sking and pulling other devices A boat that is not a jet type will have a hole lot more power to do this. Sory guys and girls. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back