how too properly use choke?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

thezamfamily

What is the proper way to choke a 97 challenger, i have alot of issues starting it. once it starts it runs great. Thanks for Any input

Do you have an operators manual? The choke is used on a cold start of the day. If it has been starter that day it won't need any choke. The choke allows the engine to receive the most fuel it needs at start up.

Karl

For the first start of the day, I hold the choke pulled all the way then crank it for 5-10 seconds. if it doesn't start i let it rest about 5 seconds then try again, still with the choke pulled all the way.
So far once it cranks over it has been happy if I let go of the choke cable and let it fall back closed...

After the first start of the day, the choke seems to make it worse, I just crank it and give the throttle nudges up to about a quarter throttle until it kicks over.

Are you having trouble starting when it is cold or when it is hot?

Me too. Same issues.

I am spoiled because I have no choke on my XP and had to fine tune it to a point where it starts IMMEDIATELY regardless of cold or hot, or weather conditions.

I guess I need to do the same with the Challenger.

Challenger always starts, but it is a bit slow at times. Maybe I need to try it without the choke, but when it is warm, and doesn't immediately fire up, I automatically hit the choke a bit. Just a bad habit, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back