How To re-insert Bumper Trim?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeB14

I have a 2007 Utopia which I just bought. So far, having a great time. However, I recently had it tied up to a dock for the weekend-had three bumpers spaced out perfectly-but it seems that the wave action caused the bumper trim to get pulled out of the bumper (hope I am using the correct terms). This affects about 6', at the midpoint of the hull.

Any suggestions on an easy way to re-insert it? Do I have to pull it all off, and shove it in from one end? Soften it up with a hair dryer and just push it back in?

View attachment 14496

It's called a rub-rail, I reinstalled a small section on my boat using a small putty knife, a rubber mallet, and some patience....

Thanks for the responses-I'll do this...once I get my non-starting issue resolved (a whole 'nother thread).

Thanks for the tips. Between using a rubber mallet and shoving it in with a screwdriver (didn't have a putty knife) it's all fixed. Without using up my limited supply of patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back