how to hand crank engine 95 xp - help/question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_B

Bare with me as i'm a complete noob with working on a pwc and am taking on a bit of a project. This may be a real dumb question with an obvious answer. What do i have to do to crank the engine by hand? Everyone makes it seem so simple in the posts i've read and videos i've seen. "Just reach down and turn the crank counterclockwise, it should move easy". Shaft in the videos were easily visible and right there to grab. Not on my ski though. I cant seem to figure it out without somehow removing the coupler after the grease zerk. But that doesn't seem right. I'm about to pull the entire impeller/pump out just to be able to spin the shaft from the back of the ski. There has to be an easier way. I want to make sure the engine isn't seized before i do all the work i have in order. Help

Pic attached of mine for reference

Attachments

• cropped drvshft 95 xp.jpg
    cropped drvshft 95 xp.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
The PTO flywheel is the large white disk closest to the block, it should give you plenty of leverage to turn the engine over by hand remove the spark plugs if you have to.

So that turns huh. Had hands on it yesterday. Tried turning it with thumb and forefinger to no avail. I figured it was a hard flywheel cover under the plastic cover. I'll get a good grip on it and try moving it later. I'm pretty sure it's seized though. It was rode hard and put away wet 10 years ago with some issues. Shame, it ran real hard, hitting 58mph on my buddies police radar gun back then. Hull, paint, stickers, seat still shine like new. I'll be pulling the pump/impeller today to. There's small rust spots all along the shaft under the hull and on the blades, maybe just the impeller is stuck. Doubtful. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back