How much cavitation a little damage on impeller can do

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! 2... no, 3 wings to direct water in that Pro 2 version. I've no idea man, not sure if that many wings will yield better or worse performance. Keep in mind every 1 of those little wings creates a bit more drag, and unless you have serious monster horsepower to apply to a very high pitched impeller they may not be worth the drag.

That Pro 2 one is crazy looking to me, I've never seen anything quite like it... it's like, they decided if 1 wing directing water to the impeller is good then 3 wings will be 3X better or something. LOL! I'm not sure their logic is sound however.

It's your call Joe, I don't know what it might do honest. That's a crazy looking intake grate though.

- Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got off the phone with a very knowledgeable guy.

With a stock RXT-X 255 go with the standard grate. Pro 2 is for a beefed up system. He also said that with the Pro 2 to step up to a 15/23 impeller as you will have the beefed up engine to turn it.

So in my case, go with the standard grate at a 15/21 impeller as I have the 255hp engine (215hp gets the 13/18 impeller).

He did confirm the VTS shoul use the extension.

Guess I have all info needed to order the right parts now.

I appreciate your guidance with all of this. Thanks.

Cool beans! Sounds like I had the right thinking, even though I didn't have the specific numbers to match my thinking. Thanks for posting the exact numbers according to that knowledgeable guy, I'm sure this info will help others for a long time to come!

Regards Joe!

- Michael

Well, just bought my weekend project, maybe winter project if it stays as cold as it has been (Ohio area).

R & D Racing Products Nozzle 2.5 degree Wedge Kit 143-95005 - R & D Racing Products

$176.80 (With steering extension as I have the VTS option on my ski).

Solas Concord Impeller - SRZ Series - Pitch 15/21 SRZ-CD-15/21 - Solas

$225.23

R & D Racing Products Aquavein Intake Grate 113-95005 - R & D Racing Products

$138.37

Subtotal: $540.40

Also ordered the impeller tool set for 20 bucks.

I'll buy the beer if you want to come help. :)

I want to do something to my GTX-155 as well but not sure there is enough gain to justify the cost due to the limited hp of the GTX??? Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back