How is this boat discontinued?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkbob

Seriously... never had so much fun. At least not legal fun. How is this boat discontinued? We had an awesome day out on Lake Saguaro yesterday. All 4 of us fit on the boat with enough room for 3 small pups. My daughter and her boyfriend are in the pic below. His first time driving a boat and he had a blast. He's from England so I had a bit of fun at his expense telling him "You're driving on the wrong side of the lake!!!" Lol... awesome day.

seadoo 2.jpg

Today I had a min free so I broke out the Turtle Wax and applied a couple of replacement stickers. My daughter is a hair dresser. We don't need to tell her that I borrowed her $650 Dysan hair dryer to get rid of the wrinkles... :)

stickers.jpg

Hydroturf arrives on Monday so we will see how that goes.

Gotta say I just love this boat.

Decal / stickers spray bottle with water and a small squeegee from 3M
Watch You tubes
I did it with out water and always got tiny bubbles
Water always you to squeeze them out and line the decal up if it’s not big

They're not discontinued...........they've been reborn as Scarabs.

Scarab 165

I don't know why but I've never heard of the Scarab 165. I've seen bigger boats by Scarab but you are dead on. That's a slightly bigger Sportster. With a Rotax engine and everything. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Out of curiosity, would the cover from a Scarab fit a Sportster?

I don't know why but I've never heard of the Scarab 165. I've seen bigger boats by Scarab but you are dead on. That's a slightly bigger Sportster. With a Rotax engine and everything. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Out of curiosity, would the cover from a Scarab fit a Sportster?

Friends of ours own a 165. Nice boat.

I specifically sought out the 150 because it looked like the most nimble/fun bought, and I could afford it w/o taking out a loan....It's not perfect, but def super fun

I saw the scarab 165, and it looks pretty sweet; it is a little different being 5" longer and aprox 150lbs heavier. I've also heard that scarab support sucks, and dealer network is small. The price for a new scarab 165 ID (w/o options) is between $26k-$32k (USD), compared to 2012 Speedster 150 (15.4" 2450lbs) for $10k-$17k (USD), but most dealers won't touch them so, you're left to independents or doing it yourself. Always Pros/Cons....

Personally I see myself with a modded 2008-2012 210/230 OR a Scarab 215 ID 600HP ($77k as i specced it) in the future, but that depends on a lot of things...mostly $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back