How is the Spark?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

CTS

Hi all,

I am in the market to purchase a used jet ski but after discovering the somewhat affordable spark at 5 grand, I am tempted to fork out the cash on it just so everything is new and to have peace of mind. I am new to the JETSKI world and this would be my first ski. I was just wondering what the pros and the cons are on this compared to a unit like the GTI / GTX series. The model I am looking at is pretty bare minimum : 2019 Sea-Doo Spark 2up 900 ACE.

Sorry if this is not the correct area, I just wanted to hear from the owners their thoughts on this unit.

The spark is a pretty good entry level ski. It is fun but only does about 45 mph and it really suited for smaller people and one adult or an adult and a kid and does not handle rough water well. There have been a lot of reliability issues with electronics and the drive system. For more of a "family" ski you would be better off with a GTI.
On the flip sike I love Seadoo but their reliability and build quality has been going down for the last few years. If I was buying new I would be looking at Yamaha.

Hey, CTS - what did you wind up getting, if anything?

I own a ‘19 SeaDoo TRixx , a ‘19 Kawasaki SXR1500 and a Yamaha VXR (which the wife has declared HERS! which is why I got the other two but, that’s another 6-pack conversation :)

I gotta +1 mikidymac’s wisdom. On one hand, there ain’t nuthin out there that will let you pull off the tricks and spins and nose lifts and just plain craziness that a 2-up Spark TRixx will! On the other, we keep our pwc’s on lifts over the water from Apr through Sept and, AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK I give thanks to the engineers at Yamaha for making everything from the flush port to the fuel fill to every d*mn thing in and around the engine so blessedly ACCESSIBLE!!!!!!

Like mikidymac said it, “If I was buying new I would be looking at Yamaha.” (But, my second pwc would def be the 2-up TRixx, again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best o’ Success!

Sparks are amazing. The level of fun you can have on it is more then enough in exchange for the top speed

Back