How do my plugs look?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got this thing running half way decent to where I felt comfortable putting it out on the water.
It runs very strong from half throttle to WOT. Especially the driver side engine in the upper RPM. The passenger side runs good but doesn’t feel as strong in the upper RPM. Oddly the passenger side runs really smooth from idle to about half throttle and the driver side engine will boy rev up unless I feather the throttle up to about 4000 rpm. I basically work the driver side throttle by itself until it’s got some rpm then hit the throttle on the passenger side engine and it jumps right up on plane then runs great as long as I keep the RPM’s somewhat up. I’m going to keep tinkering with the low speed screws on the driver side engine and see if I can get it to run smoother as I roll onto the throttle. It’s off too that the driver side engine fires right up then idles great then has issues from off idle to about 3500-4000 rpm then runs like a raped ape but the passenger side cranks for a few seconds before firing then idle great and revs right up but doesn’t seem to have the same top end as the driver side.

Anyway here are some photos of plugs. This is after 60-90 seconds of WOT then pulling the lanyard while at WOT and immediately pulling them for inspection. I’m running 40:1 pre mix to be safe as I’m not sure my new used oil pumps are working properly.

The lighter looking one is identical to the other and seemed a little too white for me but that’s why I’m asking your guys’ opinions.

1996 speedster running pre mix for who knows how long and got 47 mph on the speedo with a 180 lb passenger plus me at about 185 on fairly smooth but not glass like water.

E1D15C5B-3751-48E2-83F4-C7FD42594DBE.jpeg1944695A-E0D0-40CB-9ADC-68326DCACFE5.jpeg74AA1559-6DDE-473A-8E3E-D1F55AB74FBC.jpeg

Thanks for any suggestions or comments,

Donnie

Thank you sir. My high speed screws are down to where they are just touching. Should I bring them out an 1/8th turn at a time on each carb and try again?

That top one is actually Coco Brown even though it looks a little lighter in the photo, the bottom two are definitely a little too white in my opinion as well. Another possibility is that my fuel is a little lean on the pre mix. I had it at 40:1 for a tank while I was getting the oil injection system working. Then I added 5 gallons straight gas to a half tank thinking the oil injection would work. I still had to bleed a couple of bubbles out of the system and it has not been injection oil for the last 45 mins or so if run time only running on the pre mixed tank.
I should be able to get the pumps injecting oil now that the lines are bled so maybe that will help?

Last edited:
The oil injection should be adjusted to factory specs.

Have you rebuilt your carbs?

I keep trying to get the air completely bled out of the lines but the arm is sitting exactly on the scribed line on the pump body.

Yes, I went back through the carbs. BUT yesterday when I had it out and reached down to hold the oil pump arm wide open I found fuel leaking out of the rear driver side carb so I’m going to buy the factory mikuni kit like you guys said all along and go through them again. It has actually been running pretty darn good and I’ve had it out 4-5 times on the lake. Just going to bite the bullet, buy 4 mikuni kits and let oil drain down the oil lines by gravity when I have the carbs off then hook them up to the oil pump nipples hoping that gets the air out of the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back