How comfortable and dry is the ride on the newest GTX model?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozshadow

We are looking at the GTX 170. We will be on the Great Lakes/LSC which can get fairly choppy. We are curious just how smooth the GTX hull takes the chop? Also, is it a fairly wet ride or dry?

With people and gear it will be close to max capacity. We are interested in a nice ride with a little bit of fun here and there, but not necessarily concerned with being the fastest on the water or turning on a dime.

This is an alternative to 94 XP that we have that my wife has no interest in. Most lake days are spent hanging out on the boat.

This would be a nice option for us. We want to be able to ride a couple hours, stop at a sand bar for a few hours to spend time with friends, and enjoy our day without taking a beating. We are also considering a FX Cruiser HO which is a wetter ride and less weight capacity.

We are looking at the GTX 170. We will be on the Great Lakes/LSC which can get fairly choppy. We are curious just how smooth the GTX hull takes the chop? Also, is it a fairly wet ride or dry?

With people and gear it will be close to max capacity. We are interested in a nice ride with a little bit of fun here and there, but not necessarily concerned with being the fastest on the water or turning on a dime.

This is an alternative to 94 XP that we have that my wife has no interest in. Most lake days are spent hanging out on the boat.

This would be a nice option for us. We want to be able to ride a couple hours, stop at a sand bar for a few hours to spend time with friends, and enjoy our day without taking a beating. We are also considering a FX Cruiser HO which is a wetter ride and less weight capacity.

It has the best hull that SeaDoo offers for rough water riding. They discontinued their suspension models after creating the ST3 hull, as it is supposedly as smooth of a ride as the old skis with suspension.

Keep the bow up and you should be pretty dry.

It has the best hull that SeaDoo offers for rough water riding. They discontinued their suspension models after creating the ST3 hull, as it is supposedly as smooth of a ride as the old skis with suspension.

Keep the bow up and you should be pretty dry.

I do not think it can ride anywhere near as smooth as the suspension units. I need to rent one for a day.

I know this is an older thread, but just have to say I am dissapointed to hear that the suspension models have been discontinued! We have a 2006 GTI and a 2013 GTX S and the GTi will leave you battered and bruised after a day on choppy water and the GTX will leave you wanting more as it is unbelieveably smooth and comfortable. Even with two of us on it hopping wakes, it never bottomed out.

I have a 2019 GTX, traded in a 2017 GTI with the polytec hull. The GTX slices through waves and chop like a hot knife through butter. My neck would hurt after getting off the GTI!!

You won't be disappointed in the ride of the new GTX. We had experience with riding our GSX on Lake Erie chop while visiting family, and knew we needed something better and more stable. We purchased a new 2019 GTX 155 in 2020. We ride it on Canyon Lake in Texas and it handles the weekend chop beautifully. It's like riding in a Lincoln compared to our former GSX. It cuts right through the chop without all the banging, and because you sit so much lower than a GTX S model, it is extremely stable. My wife and I fish off it as well with no fear of rolling over. Unless the wind is blowing really hard and blows the spray back at you, you should stay dry on your outings.

You won't be disappointed in the ride of the new GTX. We had experience with riding our GSX on Lake Erie chop while visiting family, and knew we needed something better and more stable. We purchased a new 2019 GTX 155 in 2020. We ride it on Canyon Lake in Texas and it handles the weekend chop beautifully. It's like riding in a Lincoln compared to our former GSX. It cuts right through the chop without all the banging, and because you sit so much lower than a GTX S model, it is extremely stable. My wife and I fish off it as well with no fear of rolling over. Unless the wind is blowing really hard and blows the spray back at you, you should stay dry on your outings.
I ride Canyon Lake also. We have a house on Forest Lake dr. Will be at party cove 4th of July weekend. See you on the water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back