horn location

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

farmcat

Premium Member
Premium Member
This may be a dumb question but I cannot find the horn on my 2001 islandia. Purchased this summer as a project boat and am doing a total rebuild. engine is out, seats out lights out, horn has me puzzled. It does not work along with a few other electrical components. Can someone point me in the right direction? It is not the black beeper in front of the drivers right knee is it? Help!

There should be a plastic grill on the outside of the hull so the horn can be heard. It will probably be white and oval shaped. Find the grill and you have found your horn

Yes, thank-you. It is just in front of the right docking light and also where I left my jacket ( that was covering it) LOL

I know this is old... but can you post a picture of the horns location? I have a 97 speedster and they didn't put horns on them till 98. I want to buy a factory 98 speedster horn snd install it as close to the same spot they put it on the 98...but on my 97.

Any help with pictures would be great.

Also.. any way to send me a sample sound clip of what the horn sounds like? Does it sound like a car, boat, train? Is it loud? All this will help me decide if its even worth it.

Thanks again.

Just curious, why do you need/want the horn and why not just install under the front hood/storage area where you have extra fuse locations?

I also have a 96 speedster but don’t mind not having the horn :)

Just curious, why do you need/want the horn and why not just install under the front hood/storage area where you have extra fuse locations?

I also have a 96 speedster but don’t mind not having the horn :)

I personally thought it would be cool sounding to play with. As for putting it where you said..I like to try and put it as close to wherever it would have been..had it been an OEM factory installed piece.

Gotcha. Sorry I can’t be of more help, I just realized that you have an islandia you lucky dog. I was thinking speedster/sportster/challenger.

The horn in the islandia is next to the right front head lights! You will find a small grill you can reach if you remove the head lights

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back