Hi all...been a while...1997 Seadoo Challenger 1800 water coming out around seal at top of head...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenn2726

Only had the boat in the water once a year for the past several years...now must not have gotten winterized properly because took it out a couple of weeks ago and there was a lot of water in engine compartment..when I pulled the plug on the boat ramp it came shooting out and was warm water...I looked in engine compartment and it was almost full of water...anyways got it drained and then started engines to make sure they weren't damaged and looks like water is coming out around the gasket at the top of engine...can't really tell if there is any other damage yet...so guess I will pull top of engine cover and see what it looks like...where should I begin and I might need help with the right gasket seal compound and the proper torque for the bolts when putting back together. I did notice my bilge pump wasn't working..so what should that be replaced with? Thanks, Glenn

You can see the factory service manuals here or at seadoomanuals.com. It is only o-rings that seal the heads.

Typically the cylinder water jackets crack when the are not drained/winterized and freeze.

You can see the factory service manuals here or at seadoomanuals.com. It is only o-rings that seal the heads.

Typically the cylinder water jackets crack when the are not drained/winterized and freeze.
Thanks, I'll have to remove the top end and take a look to see what damage was done...looked like it was just around the seal on both engines...sure pumped a lot of water into the boat though..what sealant should I use for the new seals? Thanks, Glenn

No sealant on the outer square oring or the orange ones.

The small diameter combustion chamber orings get loctite 518. It’s all in the service manual including sealants and torque specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back