Help with GTI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2007 Seadoo GTI 155 SE that I let my brother in-law drive one day. I explained to him how the reverse handle worked, and that he should only use it at idle speed if needed. Well, when he returned the ski there was something seriously wrong. It would only accelerate to about 15mph at over 7k rpm, and the reverse handle would pop up when throttled. I took it to my local marina (small shop) and he said the linkage for the reverse was all messed up. He said he spoke to Seadoo and they told him the only way that can happen is if the driver pulls up on the reverse handle when going at least 40 mph.
So he ordered some parts and fixed the linkage so the reverse engages just like before. The problem is that it still runs the same way, redlining at 15 mph. The steering also feels off. I put a new wear ring in, neoprene seal and spark plugs, and checked the impeller for damage. We’re at a loss at this point.
I told the mechanic that it feels like it stuck between drive and reverse, as if the reverse gate is not fully retracting, but he said he checked that and it was.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Something is out of whack,,,pull the pump,,,see if the prop is whacked…you are cavitating massively,,,since you okayed the wear ring and prop,,,it
,,could be the carbon seal,,,had a similar situation with a 2 stroke.,,is there a rope caught up by the carbon seal/ring

I pulled the pump when I replaced the wear ring and checked out the prop. I will check the carbon seal next thank you. I can hear some rattling when the engine is running, do you think there’s a chance the driveshaft is bent?

Easy to check,,,go under the intake grate/drive shaft,,,have someone start it,,,if the shaft is out you will be able to send it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back