HELP!!! SeaDoo GTX wont start!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike339

Good Day!!
I just bought two 1995 Seadoos GTX and SPI and I'm not able to get them to work....
So far this is what I have done:

1. New Spark Plugs (gapped to .50) as per service manual.
2. New fuel filter
3. clean and inspect both carbs (Low set to 1-1/4 turns) (High set to 1-1/4 turns) as per service manual.
4. empty and clean fuel tank
5. blow fuel lines
6. remove spark plugs and turn the motor to empty heads
7. fuses on MPEM
8. check for spark
9. New Battery AGM

The motor turns and gas is running to carbs.
Even putting some gas/starting fluid directly into the heads or carbs don't start

I am out of ideas!!

Please help

Please re-confirm: You said you turned the Carb HIGH speed screw OUT 1 1/4" turns???? The service manual says 0 (zero) turns out.

Did you re-build the carbs or just clean & inspect? If rebuilt...genuine MIKUNI parts? Do they have the proper jets? GTX = 132.5 (main), 75 (pilot). SPI = 147.5 (main), 65 (pilot)

Avoid starting fluid....use mixed gas (40:1 or 50:1) sparingly in a little squirt bottle directly into the carb throats.

Last edited:
Yes I corrected to Zero but still not working!!

I just clean and inspect the carbs.. everything looks good.. I might rebuild them just to be sure

?????Hmmmm?????, even if the carbs are totally out of whack...a little clean fuel directly into the cylinders and a spark should get you something (the engine should at least cough a bit like it should WANT to start)......BETTER check that compression, something is not quite right.

Please re-confirm: You said you turned the Carb HIGH speed screw OUT 1 1/4" turns???? The service manual says 0 (zero) turns out.

Did you re-build the carbs or just clean & inspect? If rebuilt...genuine MIKUNI parts? Do they have the proper jets? GTX = 132.5 (main), 75 (pilot). SPI = 147.5 (main), 65 (pilot)

Avoid starting fluid....use mixed gas (40:1 or 50:1) sparingly in a little squirt bottle directly into the carb throats.

I reset it to 0 zero and still nothing

I reset it to 0 zero and still nothing

I did the high on 0 and the low on 1 1/4. Also ordered two carburetor rebuild kits just in case.
I rented a dual purpose pump from autozone and a engine compression tester.
the compression tester did not work... I have to get a new one.

Where did you order the carb kits from? If they’re not GENUINE Mikuni carb kits, you need to return them and order the correct ones... That’s one place there is absolutely no excuse to cut corners. You’ll be chasing fuel issues for the next however long it takes for us to convince you to do the job all over again with the OEM parts...

So I bought a compression tester and this morning And the PTO piston was 130 and the MAG side was 20!! Yes 20!!.
I shut the fuel while I was doing this and after was done with the test connected everything together and almost started!! It’s trying to start!

Compression test!!

Attachments

• D2C54263-6910-4007-82B0-576FD815CA47.jpeg
    D2C54263-6910-4007-82B0-576FD815CA47.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 46017149-E4AF-4599-A890-C90AF6941B70.jpeg
    46017149-E4AF-4599-A890-C90AF6941B70.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
Take head cylinders off and check the cylinder walls and positions then you’ll now what’s required
But I would say do a top end overhaul
You would need to check the con rid big end bearings once you get the cylinders off etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back