HELP! Rave Valve Reassembling 787 Rotax

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbodnar

Cleaning my Rave Valves tonight in my Sea Doo Challenger 96. 787 Rotax. Put on my new gaskets, cleaned everything. Bought this boat used. I noticed on when taking off the rear rave there is a knockout hole on the rave housing and also a knockout hole on the exhaust manifold which the gasket gets sandwiched in the middle. These two holes were not aligned for the rear and forward rave valves. On the forward exhaust manifold the hole is forward and lower. On the rear the hole is rear and lower. The previous owner had the Rave valve with the knockout hole rear and lower on top of the forward exhaust manifold in which the knockout hole was forward and lower. Is this right????? Or should I switch both rave valves and make the knockout holes align between the rave valve and exhaust manifold.

I’m a little confused, maybe a picture would help.

The notch on the RAVE valves should be pointing down so water can drain out.

Let me try to upload some pics. I know the notch facing down. I was wondering, when you take the metal housing of the rave valves off their is a hole underneath and should that hole align with the exhaust manifold hole. 1/8 inch circle

The exhaust manifold has nothing to do with it, the RAVE mounts to the cylinders.

There’s only two ways they can be installed notch up or down and it goes down.

The exhaust manifold has nothing to do with it, the RAVE mounts to the cylinders.

There’s only two ways they can be installed notch up or down and it goes down.
[/QUOTE

I know notch is down but if you lift the valves up there is a hole. Should that hole align up when you put the valve down on the cylinder?

They only go one way, the holes have to line up as circled in blue. There is not a front or rear valve or cylinder, they are exactly the same no matter how you mix or match them.
IMG_3961.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back