Help!! New Owner had issues first time out!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

twrinkle

Ok so I searched the threads and can't find anything to help me so here goes. We just purchased a 2005 Challenger 180 215 Hp with 60 hours on it. We were unable to test drive it but the engine sounded fine when started. We took it out and it didn't want to get up to speed and plain out. But we pushed it and it finally did plain out. However, when we slowed it did the same thing. I know that it should get up and go alot faster. It sounded as if it was being held back. Sorry if this sounds crazy but my husband is beside himself and I'm trying to find answers for him. He check to see if anything was stuck in the ICS and didn't see anything. HELP!!:(

Welcome.

OK, I know hind sight is 20/20... but you should have given the boat a test drive, because if you found that problem beforehand... the price would have gotten better.

OK, we can't dwell in the past. you own the boat, and let's fix your problem.

What you are describing is classic cavitaion. That is caused by an air leak somewhere.

Since the boat has low hours... I would check the condition of the impeller and the wear ring. I bet you will find that the ring is chewed up, or the impeller has some big dents in it.

Leaks can also come from the carbon seal on the driveshaft, or around the pump shoe.

Take the pump nozzle off, and you will be able to get a good look at the ring and impeller, and let us know what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back