Help. My 2007 rxt 215 not running right

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatharold

Just purchased a 2007 rxt 215 hp used with 32 hours. Dealer said it should run 70 mph at 8000 rpm. So I take it out after purchasing it and had exhaust warning and most it would run is 45 mph so I take it back. They change plugs. Put new oil. New wear rings. Put new alumininum washers on sc. I get it back take it out and most I can get is 59 to 60 at 75 to 7600 rpm. It's getting to be a headache. I take it back and that's we're we stand now. They said ride plate was leaking and coolant was low so they are putting a new ride plate on. But is this going to make it go 65 to 70 and do 8000 rpms. It will do 8200 rpm in reverse but only 7600 wot. This is a nightmare and I just want what I thought I had purchased and the dealer and mechanics can't seem to get it right. Can someone help with advice on what to do

^ At least they are not sticking you with a bill in the end of all this.
Look at it as all new parts!!!

Thats why we do water tests first?

Perfect example of why you should never buy anything used without a water test. That's said, at least the dealer is trying to make things right and hopefully not making you pay for it.

What was the air temp when you last rain it @7600 rpm?

Just purchased a 2007 rxt 215 hp used with 32 hours. Dealer said it should run 70 mph at 8000 rpm. So I take it out after purchasing it and had exhaust warning and most it would run is 45 mph so I take it back. They change plugs. Put new oil. New wear rings. Put new alumininum washers on sc. I get it back take it out and most I can get is 59 to 60 at 75 to 7600 rpm. It's getting to be a headache. I take it back and that's we're we stand now. They said ride plate was leaking and coolant was low so they are putting a new ride plate on. But is this going to make it go 65 to 70 and do 8000 rpms. It will do 8200 rpm in reverse but only 7600 wot. This is a nightmare and I just want what I thought I had purchased and the dealer and mechanics can't seem to get it right. Can someone help with advice on what to do

New "aluminum washers" on sc?...huh?

It's leaking coolant now...but wasn't when you first brought it in.....?

are you telling me you punched the throttle to 8200rpm...in the water...in reverse?...jsushchrist

Yea to see how many rpms it would get. No different that opening it up

Just about any little thing will slow a ski down, could be someone put a mismatched "super impeller" on it too. Most importantly, does your dealer do an in water test on their repairs, if they can't then they're just guessing or damn good.

New "aluminum washers" on sc?...huh?

It's leaking coolant now...but wasn't when you first brought it in.....?

are you telling me you punched the throttle to 8200rpm...in the water...in reverse?...jsushchrist

Yea a lot things just don't add up in this thread. I'm trying make sense of it all but it's just not adding up.

I'm quite certain many people try WOT in reverse, more often than one might anticipate. Not sure why that should be any surprise to someone who has seen it all.

The only peeps I've heard go wot in reverse are those later complaining that they shot their bucket across the lake. If he did indeed go wot...with the bucket down...like maybe he was sitting at the ramp...and didin't blow the bucket off...he was cavitating so bad it's no wonder he hit the limiter.

Oh...I don't claim to have seen it all...done it all...especially don't know it all. But I do have a bit of experience with these machines...seen some bone head moves....and more than one person bump his head because he didn't do his research before jumping into the pool.

Please....forgive my unseemly intrusion into your thread.

Carry on.

I know it doesn't make sense The dealer asks like I should be happy it runs 60. Every time I've took it to lake I've had a new problem. I don't want no smart remarks. I'm just asking what could be wrong. The dealer now wants me to trade in and get a rxt x 255 for 2 more grand. Don't know what roving it up to high rpms is bad the mechanic done that while it was on trail or outside of water.

Please....forgive my unseemly intrusion into your thread. Carry on.

First, it's not my thread, and second, I don't go around making threads calling out posters calling them full of BS like a complete fool.

So if you've got a reason(aside perhaps from heavy drinking and potential personal problems) then why beat around the bush as if the OP committed some kind of sin, just tell him why you wouldn't do a reverse WOT and get over yourself already.

I can guarantee you he's not the only one who's done a reverse WOT on their ski, so hop up and down and get all excited about it if it makes you feel big, LOL, but while you're at it, Mr. high and mighty, tell him why you think he shouldn't instead of acting like a little boy.

First, it's not my thread, and second, I don't go around making threads calling out posters calling them full of BS like a complete fool.

So if you've got a reason(aside perhaps from heavy drinking and potential personal problems) then why beat around the bush as if the OP committed some kind of sin, just tell him why you wouldn't do a reverse WOT and get over yourself already.

I can guarantee you he's not the only one who's done a reverse WOT on their ski, so hop up and down and get all excited about it if it makes you feel big, LOL, but while you're at it, Mr. high and mighty, tell him why you think he shouldn't instead of acting like a little boy.

heh...get over myself....fool....lil boy....good ones...maybe reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Fatharold,

One last thing...no offense meant here...but there could be a very good reason why you are down 400-500rpm.

What's your weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back