Help me find...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosnibor

Types and brands of Voltmeters

UPDATE: I was originally looking for a specific voltmeter but I found it...jump to post 2 or 3, lol.

OP: A year or more ago there was a post in here and somewhere in that post off topic we were discussing volt meters. An Australian member shared a picture of his dual digital voltmeter and it was really cool. He said you couldn't buy it on the USA website but they had it on their Australian one. I was hoping someone would remember that post or member. I really would like to get a meter like that. Also if you have any suggestions yourself. I am about to have a new stereo system installed and a second battery and would love to have a display that could fit in one of my gauge spots. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I found it, lol. As much as I didn't think it was in our "What we did to our 4tec" thread it was...on the first page too. It was a VDO digital dual battery voltmeter. I really want it. Does anyone know the model number or how I can get this thing. Also I notice it goes up to 18 volts. Most USA ones go to 16...would that be an issue? I'm a battery noob. Here is the tread...

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?77299-What-I-did-to-my-4-tec-boat-today

half way down the first page for picture...

Okay now that I am looking at what it is...if I ever had 2 batteries and you couldn't get that one specific one would I just put 2 normal gauges in? Do y'all recommend any other brands?

Ah you found my post. Yes I can help you get a VDO guge if required. They are available on Ebay australia. image.jpg

Also one year on its still going great. Went for a long run on the weekend at Mallacoota. Battery 1 jumped up to 14 volts which was nice. Small amount of surface rust on a small part of it.

I don't think I had an issue searching for gauges but rather not knowing anything about them and if there was something I needed to be aware of.

Nothing too difficult about it. Find a 12v source behind your dash to power it. Run two lengths of twin core cable directly from your battery to the indicators on the guge and your set. Crimping lugs and running the cables are probably the most taxing of jobs for this one. Also I had to sand the diameter of the hole where the Jensen remote goes a tiny bit to make it fit.
:seeya:

Yeah I found it, lol. After thinking about it I think seeing it sit at just 3 lights all the time it would annoy me. I wish the 12 was closer to the top.

Oh no it's quite interesting as when your out using the bit the alternator charges the battery and you see the lights turn orange and then green the longer your out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back