Help fix dead buzzer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

To2d

I am going to replace Buzzer on my 99 Speedster SK.
It only beeps now and then and sounds off. I read that it could be the Piezo Pulse Buzzer on the PWC forum but saw nothing on the boats.

I got one coming from Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LH2XGEM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) but i don't know where it is located on the boat and how easy it is to fix.

Any help is always welcome AND if you know of any other reason this is happening i'm open to ideas.

Thank You!!!

Look/feel underneath your steering console. It's tucked up underneath. Access it by opening the drivers side hatch above the helm and remove the storage bucket. You can unsolder or remove the old connection and resolder the new buzzer on.

I am finally getting around to installing the replacement buzzer and have a problem.

The Radio shack buzzer has three termination points and only one of them is marked “with just a red line”. There is no other instructions or markings. The unit in the boat only has two wires.

Any help on “what wire where” would be a big help.

Here is what I’m working with
IMG_1730.JPGIMG_1731.JPGIMG_1732.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1730.JPG
    IMG_1730.JPG
    285.9 KB · Views: 13
Found this in a quick google search. red wire is pos. Neg wire has option of being constant tone or pulse. I would pick constant.
F56VBLLH1AH6DP1.LARGE.jpg

Pulse probably wont work because the mpem beep signals are very brief (and weak).

And more importantly, fix the frayed cable shown in the pic!

Yes, pulse will work or you can jumper pulse to constant

Not my image but I jumpered to constant on mine IIRC. Worst part is the life span, my cheap RS one lasted harldy at all. Not worth the time and effort honestly.

hqdefault.jpg

68.jpg

If you doht figure it out..let me know. I have an OEM one you can have. Just pay shipping to you. I bought in error and wasn't worth it to pay shipping to return it.

Not to argue but why would you jumper pulse and constant? Seems you wouldn't hear the pulse over the constant anyway and that may be killing it prematurely.

Don’t buy a used one as they will be dead too.

Really? Its works fine for me! If they didn't work you would file a dispute for selling broken crap.and get a.return shipping label to send it back at the sellers expense. The one I bought works fine! I just don't need it. WAIT.. you know everything..so listen to the know-it-all!

Really? Its works fine for me! If they didn't work you would file a dispute for selling broken crap.and get a.return shipping label to send it back at the sellers expense. The one I bought works fine! I just don't need it. WAIT.. you know everything..so listen to the know-it-all!

$20 you can get a used one that could last 10 years, 10 months, 10 weeks, or 10 day or however long it might last or die in. It's a gamble going used on the beeper, many of us would steer clear of the used ones as we have far too much invested in restoring these skis. I personally don't want to lose a beeper when it's telling me the engine is over heating, but it's a $20 gamble is all. New ones are $35 or $40 from Floyd Bell.

Member since May 22 and full of questions about his own boat, and hurling insults at one of the more helpful and active members of this forum?? Seriously? Screw you. This place is seeing an influx of a few ungrateful idiots who don't know how to search and certainly don't know how to appreciative of the wealth of knowledge from people willing to assist for nothing in return..

Try to show a little more class.

I don't claim to know everything but when a 20 year old used beeper is $20 and a brand new OEM one is $21 I think most reasonable people would choose the new one instead of the hassle of returning old used electronic parts. But you are free to spend your money however you like.

I need to replace the buzzer on my 95 XP, can someone post a source for a new one? Yes, it’s far to risky to put in a used one that may fail soon after I’ve dumped so much $$$ back into this ski.

I need to replace the buzzer on my 95 XP, can someone post a source for a new one? Yes, it’s far to risky to put in a used one that may fail soon after I’ve dumped so much $$$ back into this ski.
There should be a part number on your original one, the company is Floyd Bell. Just Google for their phone number. My bro in law ordered some last year, super nice people to deal with.

Part number from Floyd Bell is SP-1136 $21.46. It is a special order part so you have to call them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back