HELP 95' Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanBayles

:ack: My speedster wont throw a spark out of the plug wire on a ground but however what is normally unlucky happened to be luck for me, i accidentally touched the ground when i was testing spark, and got a slight tingle :hurray:, so i did this and all two coils are putting off a little energy but not enough to spark, the boat needs fresh batteries anything else that it could possible be? Also did a 95 come with a DESS? I get 1 looooong beep when i try to crank but I took out the switch and spliced the two wires together and they turned over with the little energy out of the plug wires, just wandering if its a DESS and this could be causing it

I just got the boat i know nothing about them, but i know a
wrench well just need someone to steer me a little .

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
The 95 Speedster has a dess system in it. If you hear a single long beep it means the ROM chip in the lanyard isn't communicating to the mpem(multi Purpose Electronic Modular). It could mean you have the wrong lanyard cap also. I would reconnect the wires to post and clean the post and cap with soapy water and clean it good. Don't use anything on the post or cap. Leave it clean and dry if possible. The battery should be charged up too. Don't jump start the battery or charge it connected to the wiring. It will cause a power surge and cause more electrical problems. You should get 2 beeps when you attach the lanyard cap. That indicates that the jet boat is ready to start. Post your results, and we'll offer you more help if it still isn't firring up.

Karl

Thanks for the advice, ill give it a try tomorrow and see how that does

EDIT: I just read in my manual that the DESS was optional in 95 i anyway the post looks like any regular old kill switch but with a red cap, sound like one or not? Thanks Bunches!

Attachments

• DESS.bmp
    572 KB · Views: 7
You mentioned that you had the dess system, and in the manual I checked that it could have the dess system in it. Give it a cleaning anyway and let me know how you make out. I give it a better look to see what else it could be.

Karl

dess or not? if it has a plastic pin that pushes down like an old fashioned car door light switch, it isn't dess. if it has 2 metal contacts somewhat like a light bulb base but without screw threads, it is dess. unless they changed non-dess lanyards for 95 only, which i doubt. electrical problems are common on anything that has 12 volts in it and bounces around in a really wet environment. one i found; check all the fuses. not for blown but corrosion on the pins from water.

:agree: derek is right on the money that it could be a corrosion problem on the contact area.

i havent had time to work on the boat much due to my 1 month old, but ill get around to it soon... i will check all of the switches and contacts, thanks for the help great forum i will have another update soon

also with the key on are you supposed to be getting voltage with a MM on all fuses on the electrical box in the engine compartment? i get voltage on like 2 of the 4 or 5 i checked the other day but ran out of light before i could check the rest

There should be 12 volts on all the fuses, as they are the connection to the switches for the blower, lights, belige...ect. Give it a good check when you get time and light.
Congrats on the newborn... Kids are precious!
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back