Help - 2007 wake supercharged won't go over 7600 RPM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGunMan

Hi all,

I have 2007 wake edition, supercharged with 50 hours on it. I got this ski last witer. The SC was rebuild by the dealer about 15 hours ago /have paperwork for this/. In the lake it can not go past 7600 rpm. There was more than 1/2 inc slack ont the throttle cable and I told this was tha problem but not - still ~7600. There is no info if the impeller was changed, but previous owner cept all the papers related to the ski and passed them to me so if there was impeller change he was going to tell me and to provide paperwork.

My question is what can be the reaseon not to get over 7600 rpm. The oil was a bit overfiled but I pumped out sume and now is at the middle between min and max on the stick when the ski is leveled. The maintenence was done by the dealer when I got them and plugs are new, oil is changed and before winterization there was about gallon of fuel left which was mixed with premium all the way to full tank and injector cleaner few tanks ago. Checked the plugs and look normal and new, just very litle like hint of white on the metal base.

Is it possible thet the dealer did not set the slip correctly after SC rebuild?

Any iideas what to check will help

Thanks

My guess is you lost a supercharger. Take off the intake hose on the supercharger and try and spin the compressor wheel by hand. It should not spin without some considerable effort. If it spins easily then it's done. You mentioned the dealer rebuilt the supercharger, did they use the upgraded kit or did they just use the same ceramic washers it came with? Some dealers have done that which doesn't fix the issue, just puts a band aid on a problem.

Could be supercharger as KK states, if the blower test checks out it could still be a combination of the loose throttle cable and the TPS (throttle position sensor).

You may need to take it back to dealer and have them reset the TPS. First take the seat off, and start at the throttle body. Put the throttle to full at handlebars and see if the throttle body is hitting the stop. If there is any slack there this could be the problem, my advice through experience is to get the throttle cable slack straightened out so that at Idle your at the IDLE stop plate and at WOT your hitting the WOT stop plate and then get the TPS reset.

Also check for any loose intake hoses cracks, any leaks could cause a drop in boost and present this problem. Also, are you running the stock impeler?

In 2007 they were 215 I'm pretty sure.

I looked at the ski today and found small 3mm tube from the throttle body going to like check valve on the plastic cover of the engine. This tube is very loose on the nipple on the throttle body and may be leaking there. I ordered intake leak tester from siliconeintake.com and will test it as soon it os here but is it possible if this connection leaks to have ~500 rpm down

Last edited by a moderator:

I looked at the ski today and found small 3mm tube from the throttle body going to like check valve on the plastic cover of the engine. This tube is very loose on the nipple on the throttle body and may be leaking there. I ordered intake leak tester from siliconeintake.com and will test it as soon it os here but is it possible if this connection leaks to have ~500 rpm down

That's the port for fogging the engine during the winterizing procedure. I doubt that's your problem but then again I've seen little things have a big impact on these engines. Assuming you're running a stock pitch impeller I'm still leaning towards a supercharger issue. 500-600 rpm below normal is almost the difference between a supercharged and non supercharged motor.

SC does not spin by hand

By monday I will perform leak test on intake so I will know if there is boost leak.

I will hsve also candoo pro snd will check the TPS. Is there anything else I can check with candoo pro regarding my problem?

Thanks

If sc let go you would not see more than 6000-6500rpm.

Just a guess but maybe nothing is wrong with the ski and it is your location. Nevada? You will lose lots of rpm with thin air at high elevations. About 3%/1000ft. So if you are at 5000ft, a 215 motor is only making about 183 hp. Not going to turn that impeller the same rpm as if you were making full power at sea level. Have to re-pitch impeller if you want 8000+. So what elevation is your lake?

The elevation is 1112' /google/

I will do intake leak test next week. I suspect the port on the throttle body for foging to leak - thw tupe which goes from there to the plastic engine cover fits very loose. Will report back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back