help 2003 GTX S.C.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fastestonehere

Just bought a 2003 GTX S.C. after 15 min. on the water loud noise from inside ski and then
it started taking on water. then rough idle warning beeper limp mode.....wow I was thinking WTF.

I found the Impeller unscrewed from shaft destroying everything in it's way. water found it's way into a connector on the lower
side of MPEM causing havic with the Ski and moisture in motor.....

well I am half way through repairs I hope. this is what I have done and also where I need help.

1 cleaned all pins on mpem and harness die electric all connectors.
2 flush engine out with oil twice and replaced filter. ******* (anything else I should do here)
3 bought a used pump assy. from a 2006 RXP with impeller ******* ( will this impeller work or should I chang this differant Pitch)
4 bought drive shaft from 2006 RXP. ****** ( what else should I need Here to work in my Ski)

I plan on upgading to 215 HP stuff wintertime I really just wanted to enjoy this unit this summer....

Big question is the impeller? a 215 hp impeller work on stock 185 hp ski

I like the feeling of launching out of 180 turns and deffenantly enjoy top speed.

This Ski is all stock. I will be upgrading in future if I need to rebuy impeller again I will.
what would you guys think a stock RXP impeller would do on this SKI

( my screen name has to do you my Drag racing stuff not Jet ski's lol)

Thanks

Those are all going to be different item numbers. Nothing is matching. Go to the parts tab at the top of the home page then click parts, you can add things to your cart like your going to buy and check out different items and different models then see if model numbers match up.On yours nothing is matching up

The impellor would probably slow you down a little as its most likely coarser for the 215 and the slightly low power 185 may struggle in the top trying to turn it. Being you have the pump assy thou as long as splines on the shaft are the same then it should all work, maybe just get a 185 impellor for that pump.

Spline on 215 is bigger dia. Needing new driveshaft.
But i have that taken care of. Trying to make sure about impeller. But i now have S.C. off and thinking on ordering 215 S.C other than ECM what else needed to acheve this other than bottom end.

Would it run ok with 215 pump, impeller, driveshaft, S.C. and 185 ecm for now. I have already orderd an intercooler from a 215. What will i do to install it.. i have never seen inside a 215 Ski

Last edited by a moderator:
well Itook apart pto housing and I wanted to see if any thing bad was going on well ....is this normal for 125 hr ski I cant feel play in thrust bearing (with a prybar) I dont like shavings in oil system... I would like to rule them out as being old oil pump.jpgpump cover.jpgrear screen.jpgstuff in lower pto housing.jpgstuff in oil system. i am replacing more stuff. trying to enjoy a little summer on "new" ski any insite on longevity at this point

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back