HELP! 1995 Speedster cooling issue..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skywagon90

Ok I have a 1995 Seadoo Speedster that is having cooling issues. I decided to back flush the system, and clear any crud out, worked fine, engine ran nice and cool, didn't have any reason to expect any blockages. Throw the boat in the water, and the top the exhuast started to heat up quickly. So I pulled it out and decided to check for blockages again. This time I pulled the hose from the thru hull from the pump, hooked the hose to that, and ran the engine. Ran ice cold. I put the house back on the thru hull and dropped it in the water again, and started to heat up quickly. I don't know what could be causing the boat to not cool at idle properly.. The pump is freshly rebuilt with new impeller and wear ring. Don't know where to go from here.

Pulled the pump, no obstructions at all, thru hull is brand new. Just pulled the top exhuast peice, is it ok to soak that in CLR? Also pulled all inlet hoses and T fitting to replace. Want to clear that SOB out if there is anything.

I would need to pull some schematics, but the issue is whatever is the difference from the hose to the raw water.

On the hose, it does not use the pump... Off the hose it does...

To me, it seems it would have to be something from the pump to the block...

I do not know the 2-strokes well enough to know this question. When on the hose, I assume the line into the engine is not the same line as the pump? If so, then the issue could be just inside the block.. If the hose come into the block at a different location than the pump line, then you will likely need to look into that.

I would start by removing one like at a time and flushing it with a hose to see if there is a blockage or any kinks in the lines anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back