Hello! New to Sea-Doo's but not new to boats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtis 500

Hello Everyone! I just picked up 2 Sea-doo's:

1993 GTX
1991 GT

I am not new to boating and have 4 others already.. All V-drives. Also, I have a large shop with most the tools i need and I rebuild my own engines, just never done 2 stroke motors.

I am excited to own these and i dont care how old they are. I'm hoping this is the place for any technical questions or etc. if I run in to them. i will try to research before I ask so I dont ask redundant questions. One Sea-Doo is in good shape, the other runs but needs starting fluid to keep running.

Are there any resources I can go to first to start researching these and places I can readily buy parts?

Thanks everyone

First never use starting fluid on them.

Second you need to rebuild the fuel system using only quality parts, rebuild the carbs only using Genuine Mikuni parts and only use API-TC oil.

Welcome to the forum and to ownership of these water craft. 1st thing,. I recommend not starting (and especially keep running)a 2 stroke with starter fluid. It does not contain enough lubricate to protect the cylinder walls. This is especially true if using premix.

If one requires starter fluid to stay running, then you have a fuel delivery issue. Start by replacing any gray fuel lines. Pull the carbs and rebuild them with mikuni OEM kits. Parts can be ordered by a sponsor of the forum seadoowarehouse.com. There are other s like OSD parts, etc. There is a sticky post here for the carbs rebuild as well as other common tasks.

Good luck and enjoy the SeaDoos.

Welcome to the forum and to ownership of these water craft. 1st thing,. I recommend not starting (and especially keep running)a 2 stroke with starter fluid. It does not contain enough lubricate to protect the cylinder walls. This is especially true if using premix.

If one requires starter fluid to stay running, then you have a fuel delivery issue. Start by replacing any gray fuel lines. Pull the carbs and rebuild them with mikuni OEM kits. Parts can be ordered by a sponsor of the forum seadoowarehouse.com. There are other s like OSD parts, etc. There is a sticky post here for the carbs rebuild as well as other common tasks.

Good luck and enjoy the SeaDoos.
Thanks you. The craft have been sitting for 3 years so I will proably do that before going out. I have time to fix these and always prefer to spend time in the shop working over being towed on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back