Header pipe leaking like a strainer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhdarby

I found some past threads that tells me this is not that uncommon. One in particular "seadoo snipe" that explains it to a tee. why is this happening? The corrosion looks to be almost like electrolosis other than just corrossion. it is leaking at every casting plug on the header. I am still struggling to get the header pipe off. Does anyone have experience with the big clamp that connects the header and the exhaust cone mine seems to be seized up and it's whipping my as!<>?: !

Thanks for any help

Hank

Thanks I just got a bigger hammer. Might post some more when I clean it up and try to repair it/or replace it

I still want to know why this happened

I am very interested in seadoosnipes post on this topic about using JB Weld The service Man talkes about tig ing cracks in this exhaust header but not about corrosion. Does anyone who welds know anything about this. At my work I mig weld "new " alluminum all the time. I am just scared I might cause more damage. When I look up this part # all the sights say call me what does that mean? Does it mean the part is no longer available ?

any help would be appreciated

Hank

Last edited by a moderator:
sealing up a header pipe to pressure test

Well incase anyone was following this last week. This is what i did. I took a 1 3/4 hole saw and put in a drill press with the arbor of the saw removed. That gave me 5 approx 1 5/8 discs cut out of 3/16 alluminum. I cleaned the corrosion up and flattened the surface of the leeking plug spots. I then MIG welded using a miller 212 spoolmate welder . It seemed to work really well. I am trying to pressure test the header now but am having trouble sealing the 8 " hole on the header. Does anyone have a quick fix for this ??? If all goes well I should have it painted up and ready to install as soon as I get some gaskets and a new motor mount.

It just hapens to them all, must be vibration cause it dribbles on fresh water the same as brackish and salt water.

Thanks VOO DO This Ski has been on a dock in Sav Ga. for the first 6 years of life so i dont know of its proper afterrun flushing history. since i have owned her 40 hours of her has been in fresh water last year and about 6 hours have been in salt this year here in Chas. when the prob came to light. So for me I cant say weather it was the salt water or not ...... but this ski has lived most of its life in it. "salt water" Thanks again

Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back