handling /steering problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

maj rex

Just purchased a 2011 gti se 130. Only have three hours running time but feel like the sea doo is listing or leaning to the left at any speed. It helps when I shift my weight to the right but there is still a feeling of uneasiness. Have operated other sea doos and not experienced this leaning effect. More noticeable when riding two up. Is there an adjustment? If so I will let my dealer rectify when i return for the 10 hour inspection. Otherwise, love the ride and the features.

maj rex:

see my posting of yesterday. Having very similar problems!!!!! Don't have a resolution as of yet from dealer. have you gone back to discuss with your dealer???

Have not gone back to dealer yet. I was waiting for the 10 hour inspection and still only have 3 hours running time. I hope to put more hours on it next week and talk to the dealer before I do. Thanks for your input and keep me posted. I'll do the same.

will do..hey, next time you out for a ride, see if you can replicate the issue I'm having with mine: in forward gear, with handle bars straight and no hands on the bars and no acceleration, my machine will veer to the right and travel in a loop...let me know if you expericence the same thing.......thanks...

Ahh, they brought back the old feature from the Wetbikes. No kill cord, when you fall off it just starts to circle back to you. Then knocks you in the head and kills ya dead! Nice to see an old safety feature brought back.

The service manager called me yesterday and told me he experienced the same thing while bringing a unit off the water for service. in fact, he kept his hands on the handles, pointed it straight and it then veerred off to the right and made circles. At least he knows I'm not making it up!! They've contacted SeaDoo , but there is no recall or anything at this time. Perhaps if your unit does the same and you bring it to your service managers' attention, maybe Seadoo will take a look and see what is going on. I mentioned that I had tested out a GTI 130 (not
an SE) and could not replicate the problem.

It will be next week before I can contact the dealer. Let me know what they say. If you are successful in determining the problem, give me the name and number of your dealer and I will have mine contact yours. Good Luck.

Finally made it back to the lake yesterday. Think I found the problem. In order for the doo to go straight. my handlebars are turned ever so slightly to the right. If i keep them straight, the doo goes to the left. I told this to my dealer and he said he can adjust the steering to correct the problem. I'm having the work done today and will report back when I get it back.

The dealer came and picked up my unit last week for two days. Service manager did the work and advised he adjusted the steering 3 times before he was satisfied included 3 water tests) Anyway, the unit is much better than before. In case yoiu continue to have problems, the dealer is HK Powersports, Laconia NH, 603-524-0100. The servcice manager is "Chris"......let me know how you make out......

Mine is better also after the steering was adjusted. I need to spend more time on the lake to decide if the total problem has been corrected. Good luck.

Wow!

I just purchased a 2011 GTI155 Limited and am having the exact same problem! I have a definite lean to the left. My steering is also similiar..have to steer right to go straight. I am taking it back to the dealer to get resolution. Hopefully this isn't going to be a big problem with the 2011's?

mine is better after 3 service calls!!! I do know that it does not handle as well as my 2000GTX, however hull designs change and I'll have to adjust..................let me know if you need the nam eof my dealer and service manager...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back