...guess that was this summer for me...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadoo-Lover

Hey guys!
Was that happy my ski is/was running now without any probs. Had that much fun with it the last weeks...
But guess what happened today:
I just talked with an ex-pro about checking and adjusting my ski the next days cause he offered his help. Just warmed the ski up slowly as usual... 1 minute later the engine died and didn't wanted to start anymore. It just didn't want to turn... :rofl:
We pulled the the plugs: 1. cylinder looks ok, but second doesn't! It even had metall chunks in it!!! And even without the plugs turned in it was impossible to turn the engine!:ack:
Guess I got a piston jamming on my second cylinder!
Tomorrow I wanna open the cylinder head to take a closer look...

A year or so ago, my 97 challenger 787 tossed a piston. It appears that the wrist pin retainer let go, and toasted the entire piston, and tossed the rod through the block. Made a major mess.

Ended up buying a new engine. I was not going to even try to rebuild that thing.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune....:(

Here is what I found when I pulled the head off....:ack:

68.jpg

68.jpg

attachment.php

So, post pics of what you find, and let's determine if it is rebuildable.

Oh, it wasn't a loss. It was an opportunity to put in a new engine and have a boat with ZERO hours. It is now very reliable, a crapload of fun, and now worries!!!

I am sorta glad it blew on me. It was a pretty old motor and I would have never felt comfy riding on it like I do on my new one.

I just did this in my Maverick (see avatar pic) last year. I was driving on a 1973 block with a crapload of modifications, and finally blew it up. even though it only had 60,000 miles on it.

Eventually got a freshly rebuilt 5.0 bored over .040, slapped on some good heads, converted to a roller cam and roller rockers, and now I have an awesome little spinner that revs to 7000 rpms and enjoys every minute of it!

So, sometimes, blowing up a motor isn't a BAD thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back