GTX155 USB and Voltmeter install

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chimeranzl

Hey all,
I'm doing a custom install of a waterproof USB charger and voltmeter unit in the glove box of my 2015 GTX 155 (has separate + and - wiring for each). I'm after a wiring diagram for the gauge cluster, so I can slice off and use some of those wires rather than running new wiring from fuse box/battery. I've found 12V + and - on the plug that goes into the rear of the gauge cluster, so figured I will run power from that to the USB charger since it's only going to be drawing power when I plug my phone into it. However with the voltmeter, I only want it to wire it up so it only shows voltage when the DESS key is plugged in (and/or power button is on) but I'm struggling to find the wires to use only when the power is on. Any ideas?
Cheers

...worst case scenario, I'll just wire in a waterproof switch into the glove box too, to manually turn the voltmeter on or off. It's more of a convenience factor to be able to check battery voltage.

Went with the push button idea, to turn voltmeter on and off.

Don't make the mistake I did if you're gonna do this and drill through the top half of the glove box, too close to the steering cable and too much plastic support behind it! I 3D printed a seadoo badge and glued it in to cover up the hole I made! Even the top of the bottom half (where I eventually mounted the USB/voltmeter) is a bit dicey, as it has plastic cross supports behind it so had to cut them out with dremel tool. Worked out alright in the end, wired it off the power wires that go to the gauge. Push button switch on the left is nice and handy to access.

seadoo-glovebox.png

How did tou waterproof the box?
?? It's waterproof for water ingress anyway. It has a drain plug at the bottom you can pull out for any water that does get in there. It doesn't exactly need water proofing, unless you tip the ski. However the parts are secured in with black silicon and screws.

FYI I just installed one on my RV battery case that has the switch incorporated with the meter and USB plug. It’s on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back