GTX Limited IS 260 upper deck rubbing on lower deck - distracting squeak.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

colinpacey

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased a 2010 GTX Limited is 260.

As an ageing machine, It's not without minor flaws, all of which I can live with, except this one.

Yesterday I was out in the bay and a very loud and annoying squeak developed in the suspension. It's like fingernails down the proverbial blackboard.

The rubber trim on the port side of the upper deck is (barely) making contact with the inner hull, and as the suspension moves it makes the noise. (see photo)
There's no clearance at all, whereas on the starboard side there is a few millimetres of clearance.

After cleaning on my return I tried simply pushing the trim back in to place but it didn't seem to move much.

Any tips, advice or instructions on how to rectify this would be much appreciated.

CheersIMG_9046.JPG

It is adjustable at the rear of the boat, around 8 bolts total hold the swing arm to the hull and the swing arm mount has very large holes to allow for side to side as well as fore/aft adjustment. There is an alignment procedure in the shop manual (free download for 09 which is same as 10) but they suggest just marking with a marker before removing bolts. In your case you want to maintain the fore/aft location but move it a hair to one side. Also silicon spray lube can help.

Hi Greg,

Thanks very much for this information!
It sounds like exactly what I am looking for.

Where can I download the shop manual?
I've searched the Seadoo website unsuccessfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back