Gtx 155 top speed, what rpms and average miles per tank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

C42480

My 2005 gtx 155 seems to be topping out at 50mph on smooth water 52mph with a tail wind and going down river my rpms are at 7200 does this seem normal? Everywhere I look it says top speed is 60mph. Also I went through a full fuel tank of fuel in 50 miles my other ski with 160hp and weighs 50lbs more gets 80-100miles on the same amount of fuel. I could not find any info on this what are your thoughts? Ski has 72 hours one it and wear ring has minor marks in it and the impeller looks good no chips or dings.

Thanks. I'm going to check fuel pressure next. I put in a new fuel pump and it smells rich whil running so fuel pressure might be high.

That will be down to slight wear in the wear ring. I would replace it and you should regain the few mph you’ve lost

I have a 2007 GTI SE that will do 58 mph on smooth water with my 6 foot overweight 220 lbs in Florida at sea level. It will do 60 mph with my daughter at 145 lbs. I love this ski - wish I had space and money for another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back