help...gtx-di bombaider only hitting 32 mph top speed??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another newbie here....I have the same ski, same problem except I'm only reaching 6000 rpm's & topping out at 35mph....I've been reading a lot on here & this sounds a lot like mine....does mine sound like the same thing or should I be looking at something else since my rpm's are lower ? Mine also sounds like it has an intermittent misfire while moving slowly though the marina....

snsbuck

Please start a new thread, it just gets too confusing trying to help two people with different problems. I know your problem is similar but rarely are two problems the same.

Thanks

Lou

boy am i glad you came along!... ok reading on both sides is identical at 122.. is this good?

I'm also new to the Sea-doo family similar to yourself with similar troubleshooting experiences apparently. I read a comment on here yesterday (small and minute) but it appeared to be extremely helpful where a fella said to make sure you disconnect the injectors. I haven't seen a real "DI compression test guide" where you may have and already disconnected them. I'm used to testing the compression on my carburated 4 wheeler and 350 Chevy so I wasn't aware of this injector issue. My results from last night are as follows:
Injectors CONNECTED, WOT = 80 psi
Fuel injectors DISCONNECTED, air injectors CONNECTED, WOT = 110 psi
Fuel injectors DISCONNECTED, air injectors DISCONNECTED, WOT = 130 psi

Not sure of the differences between your GSX and my 03 XP, but food for thought!!

I'm also new to the Sea-doo family similar to yourself with similar troubleshooting experiences apparently. I read a comment on here yesterday (small and minute) but it appeared to be extremely helpful where a fella said to make sure you disconnect the injectors. I haven't seen a real "DI compression test guide" where you may have and already disconnected them. I'm used to testing the compression on my carburated 4 wheeler and 350 Chevy so I wasn't aware of this injector issue. My results from last night are as follows:
Injectors CONNECTED, WOT = 80 psi
Fuel injectors DISCONNECTED, air injectors CONNECTED, WOT = 110 psi
Fuel injectors DISCONNECTED, air injectors rTDISCONNECTED, WOT = 130 psi

Not sure of the differences between your GSX and my 03 XP, but food for thought!!

after you said that I do believe everything your saying is correct, as I got 100psi without throttle open and 120 with the throttle open, so ill assume that with your results that my compression would be great with the injectors removed, so it seems as if my engine is in good working order.. The way I see it is it is now 1 of 3 things, either carbon seal, impeller or wear ring , when I figure out which one it is I have came to the conclusion that I will just replace all 3 at the same time... Thanks once again for all of your help and I hope my trial and error can help someone in the future, I will post my results soon.

ok cool im scheduled to take it out Monday morning so I'll give it a whirl and I'll keep you all posted, thank you so much for all your help guys!!

OK.... for anyone still checking on this thread, i have found the problem... at the lake my good freind whos had multiple sea doo's for years took a look at every thing and found my problem instantly, he said my impeller is toast, even tho the outside is the correct distance from the impeller, he pointed out the the past owner had shaved/grinded the blades in attempt to get the back to factory, causing cavitation. i plan on buying a new nujet destroyer impeller, wear ring and carbon seal this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back