GTX 155 (2012) - Running Rough, No Acceleration, Vibration (Not Wear Ring or Spark Plugs)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdgray28

Hi All,

Hoping you can help.

I have a GTX 155 2012 with 71 hours on it.

Has always run great, but having some problems now - hoping something minor.

Took it out a few weeks ago, ran great, then all of a sudden after pushing it out from beach and starting (deep enough start), it was vibrating heavily with poor acceleration. Immediately thought of wear ring as I may have scooped sand/shells up, so had this professionally replaced and everything inspected. Took it out to test, ran perfect for a few minutes until I hit the iBR at slow speed. Started running bad again. Checked wear ring in case any weed or anything got sucked up and there is no damage there or anything stuck in impeller etc.

I then changed spark plugs. No difference. Took the fuel pump out and the filter looks clean. Doubt it is bad fuel as always use 98 RON and its fresh.

This is what is bothering me here:

1. Strange after I hit the iBR that it immediately started to run rough - think this is nothing to do with it though.
2. When I was flushing it out after the test run, when I took the hose off (engine still running), water also came out of the flush connector port - which I don't ever remember seeing before. Water was also coming out of the normal exit as well.
3. Engine/Exhaust sounds much throatier than normal.
4. Won't rev up properly.

Any thoughts anyone? Looking as though it may need to go into dealer to fix.

Thanks loads in advance!

-Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back