GTI 90 only 30 mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnil

My friend just bought a new Gti 90 2019. Top speed is 30 mph. Using yellow key. No visible damage to impeller or wear ring. One time for a short time it was going 40 mph for a short time but then back to 30 mph.

It is at dealer now and log shows no fault and they have so much work that they can not look at it for about 14 days.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Sux, but I'd let the dealer handle it if it's under warranty. You start experimenting and they may void the warranty.

Yep, agree, just frustrating that they do not have time and the sun is shining. Short season here.

For the first 5 hours you could be dealing with a forced break in period controlled by the ECM, after that you should get normal power. Sea-Doo is very vague on which models are forced and which are not.

Heard of that but according to dealer it is only two models and not this model. Hope it is right, any one knows?

I asked about hours and if broken in yet because of what skiasylum said. Some models restrict the ski during break in period. While I know you want to ride do not touch the ski yourself and let dealer handle. Not worth voiding they warranty.

According to the owners manual, speed is not limited during break in period for this model ( GTR 230 and GTR-X 230: During the first 5 hours of operation, the engine management limits the engine maximum speed for engine protection. The engine performance will progressively increase during this period.)

So, the ECU should not be the factor limiting the top speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back