Gti 155seadoo supercharge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

zmilos

Hi guys Im about to install and supercharge gti 155 engene in to my 04 mod seadoo gtx limited 185 I have a ski that blow engene and I menaged to secured gti 155 block with all internals in tact inc flat pistons.I rebuild the top end inc different front Cower to ad supercharger we changed the flywheel to the 86 tooth And planing to use red supercharger.need some advice on whether this will run being a high compression engene. Planing to use the red supercharger and no intercooler Any imputes on what I need to do additionally to make this a stabile Ski ,the rest of the stuff will be the same as what it was before standard ECU and jet pump with was rebuilt as well using standard prop All imputes welcome Thanks

GTI's never had superchargers. Might want to double check with the seller.

Moved to 4-tec

As you know, one of the big differences between the 155 and 185 SC is the pistons. The 185 has forged pistons while the 155 has cast pistons. Another big difference is the compression as the sc models have lower compression. What you are doing is supercharging a higher compression motor that has weaker pistons. Others have done this same thing before but is not recommended. It will run, but not any better than if you did it the correct way by changing the pistons. My opinion is that it may grenade if pushed hard. Why not use the proper pistons in the first place?

Hi guys and thanks for the impute I put the ski back together two days ago and it started first go after
been in peaces for over 2 years engene runs fine it’s idling steady and I raved it up to around 4500 on hose
It will run on 98 octane only as fuel is cheep down under . Im planing to add intercooler to it but for now just want to
run it and see if any other issues will come up. I know that the pistons in it are a week link but I’m planing to add some
Other mods to it to keep better monitoring on the head temperature.
How do I recognise pinging in the engene ? And what roll play the injectors and SC boost to it? should I stay away from
Running it flat stick for longer than say 5 min . If I can make this unit a reliable steady ski then the project would be success
Im not really interested in performance and top speed if I can achieve 50 to 55 mph on flat that would be top ..

what you are building is a ticking time bomb, at the least run the highest grade fuel it you can afford and defiantly non ethanol, this will make it live a little longer, by the time you hear deto with those cast pistons it will already be too late.

what you are building is a ticking time bomb, at the least run the highest grade fuel it you can afford and defiantly non ethanol, this will make it live a little longer, by the time you hear deto with those cast pistons it will already be too late.

Ok I see what you mean bat after all the
155 hp block that im using came out of a running ski and the flat piston had to run at last at 6000 rpm whit the SC I’m pushing it
Just little bit harder.
Aren’t this Engenes built to withstand bit of
Overload ?

It's not "just a bit". Research the RPM's of the supercharger and that alone should convince you
of the stress you're adding to the rest of the motor..

You're asking for advice here and another forum and people are telling you the same thing.

You're going to have a catastrophic failure or at minimum pretty severe issues. I don't think you're
going to want to be stranded miles off shore with a dead machine.

Just my .02 cents, like all the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back