Grey line change out, Need to change vent hoses too?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

77Eltigre

Basically title, I have a 94, thats entirely original, ran good at the end of last summer, but I have the time so I'm going to change the hoses out and hope I get away from having to do a carb rebuild.

My question is: is there any benefit to changing out the grey hoses that are the vent lines?

Also the pressure relief valve on the port side (left side) is that just a friction fit? or is there a method to remove it and install a new one?

Thanks

They are probably good, I would do an internal inspection, as much as you can, on them. Look for deterioration. They have been on there a while and and I don't think they are rated for 20plus years of service. If they look good you can keep them. Don't forget to check your vent valves for good operation.

But..... I personally would change them out. Its easy while you are in there and have all that new hose laying around.

I would replace them because the vapors do the same thing as the gas and it ends up clogging the check valves. I had this problem and didn't even realize it. It's not much more line depending on your machine. Also for the check valve/pressure release, you need to just pull it out maybe wiggle in a little, or push it from the outside if it's not budging

Back