Got the carbs cleaned...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisV

Well I got my carbs cleaned, yea they were filthy and I think they never been touched since installed in '94

Also had to replace the oil injection lines as well since one was cracked

gonna hit the lake tomorrow to test it out

I also did a compression test 60 psi each cylinder ????
Guess I will see how it runs Saturday on the water.

What would cause the compression to be so low in both cylinders and still run near 40mph??? Or is it supposed to be in that psi area for a 94 GTX?

Last edited by a moderator:
That engine wouldn't run at 60 PSI. On a 2 stroke... I'd think minimum firing pressure would be around 100 psi. But even then... it would stall as soon as it hit the water.

125 is minimum to actually be able to run in the water.

I'd check your gauge.

Ok thanks, but real dumb question. I took both plugs out and used the starter to turn it over. Should I of left the other plug in and actually let it run on the one cylinder?

Well I got it out today and it definatly runs better now. As the day went on it started to cut out on me like it was starving for fuel. It would drop all the way to idle then rev back up after a second. I was thinking about it cause it was fine with a full tank and got worse as the fuel level dropped, but still at half tank area. When I changed my pulse line I used the same runbber fuel line as the rest and it kinda got a small kink in the line, not completely kinked closed but I guess enough to effect the vacuum of the fuel pump and it ha a hard time drawing fuel up the baffle as the level dropped.

Also I noticed an air bubble in my oil injector lines that wouldn't go away. So now I don't know if the oil inj is working. Guess I will be switching to premix. What all is involved in switching over?
Is there a way to diagnose if it wasn't getting oil injected into intake? How would the engine be effected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back