Get out of Guardian Mode

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozweego

Hi guys,

I replaced my broken oil sensor (diagnosed by shop) and fixed by me. The blue wires were cut, so I just ordered a new sensor. Pulled the old one out and put the new one in.

The sensor was causing a beep (4) every two minutes. I hadn't run the boat for any extended period of time due to this. Last weekend I decided to ride through the beeps and try to take it for a little longer run. At about 20 to 25 minutes of running at 4 to 4500 RPM the boat went into Guardian mode reduced to idle speed and would not allow me to give throttle. I assume this may have been due to the oil sensor finally having enough of me ignoring it in the engine making a decision to shut it down. I knew I had more than enough oil in the boat however without the sensor the onboard computer did not.

Fast forward to today I replaced the sensor and was looking forward to getting it out for a test run to make sure the beeping is stopped. Unfortunately the boat is still stuck in the guardian mode. I cannot get the boat out of idle speed and I'm looking for some assistance.

Is there a way to reset Guardian mode? I paid nearly $1,000 for the shop to go over the boat and the only thing they came back with was the sensor. All fluids were changed filters as well as spark plugs. My only assumption is that Guardian mode is held up until it is reset.

Really scratching my head

I do not have the Throttle Guardian on my vessel. But reading all the threads about it... I'm not sure there is a way to "reset" it... but there is a commonly advised way to disable it. Cut the Black/Yellow wire... which goes from TG all the way to the coils (TG can kill spark when it decides it wants to). You can always reconnect the cut wire later if you decide to re-engage TG. Best place to snip the wire would be near the TG box itself... under the driver's side storage bin behind the dash.

Cheers!

infamous_throttle_guardian.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if Throttle Guardian is my problem or not now.

I went and got Vessel View and connected it to my motor (Optimax 250 with the M2)

Even after replacing the old oil sensor whose wires were cut with a new sensor I am still getting engine warning beeps.

According to Vesselview, the faults are critical low oil and oil sensor. This is odd as the sensor is brand new which lends credence to my theory that the Guardian system needs to be reset to clear the error. I don't want to disable the system as I think it could come in handy should their be other problems.

In addition there were other faults detected as well. Not sure if they are "ok" faults as one was for the trim sensor which I think my boat doesn't even have seeing how it's a jet drive. I assume the other faults could be generic to a regular Optimax with a prop and not my M2.

Either way, I have attached the screens from Vessel view regarding the faults. Any knowledgeable insight on anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210706-194321.jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-194321.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20210706-194326.jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-194326.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20210706-194335.jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-194335.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210706-194314.jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-194314.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210706-225121.jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-225121.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210706-225138.jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-225138.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 13
Further digging on other forums for answers, I came across the notion of ghost faults. Most of which are the faults I'm seeing. (screen attached)

So now I'm back to trying to solve me new sensor issue which is still alarming.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210706-230157.jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-230157.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 14
So finally, I figured it out.

Maim thing I learned, is the best person to work on my boat......is me.

After frustratingly still getting the alarm and stuck in guardian mode after putting the new sensor in as recommended by the shop tech I went a step further.

Today I removed the oil reservoir and discovered the magnet/float issue. They had separated and even with a new sensor, the faults would be there until that was fixed.

I sourced and ordered a new tank from ebay. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Until then I took the wires from my old "broken" oil sensor wires and linked them together to bypass the sensor. (don't worry, it's only temporary)

After refilling the reservoir with new oil, bolting it back on and connecting the hoses I fired up the boat. First try, no alarms.

I checked vesselview and the oil faults were now resolved and everything appeared normal. I took it for a quick ten minute run around the lake off my backyard. Smooth and silent. :)

A couple of new faults appeared but we're flagged as software updates. So I think the shop is the only place that can do that.

All in all, it was a bitch to solve but I'm glad I learned along the way.

Looking forward to getting my new tank and installing myself :)

Thanks to those that chimed in. Great to be a part of this community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back