Gauge pack replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke

Hello everyone. I just traded for my first PWC. It’s a 2004 GTI LE. It had the motor replaced 2 years ago (I believe that because it looks CLEAN). Anyway, I took it out today and I was wondering, since the fuel gauge needle is broke, can I just replace the gauges with any gauges that will fit? If I replace the fuel gauge, I was thinking of replacing the speedo with a GPS speedo unit that also shows COG. Just a thought. Is this possible?

Are you sure the fuel gauge I broken? Typically the sender unit in the gas tank goes bad. Either magnet on the float falls off, the float sinks or the fuse goes bad.

If you want to change the gauge you need to know what the resistance is of your sender unit is and make sure you get a gauge that matches.

Are you sure the fuel gauge I broken? Typically the sender unit in the gas tank goes bad. Either magnet on the float falls off, the float sinks or the fuse goes bad.

If you want to change the gauge you need to know what the resistance is of your sender unit is and make sure you get a gauge that matches.
The fuel gauge is reading, but the needle itself is broke off, so it's just the stub in the middle. Can't tell the fuel at a glance... have to really look for where the needle stub is and imagine where it's pointing.

Is there a spec anywhere that describes the resistance range of the fuel level sender?

On a side note, Im not sure there is a gauge that reads 0 full, 90 empty. I have only seen the reverse. So if you don't mind the gauge reading backwards you can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back