Gas level indicator erratic!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

g.romay

Hi guys, I hope someone can shine some light for me. I did try the search engine but couldn't find anything

First of all, sorry for the long story, didn't know how to explain it clear enough. Hope someone knows about this. Thank you so much for your time!!

I just bought a Speedster 150 255hp, its only has 4 hours. I have been fallowing the manuals instructions for the brake-in period, and two days ago a was playing around at about 30-40mph and doing some hard turns and I heard a Beep on one of those turns, no lights on the dash nothing more, So I continued…. In between the 4 hours its got that happened to me 2 times.

But today i let a friend go for a ride and forgot to check the gas level, sure enough he was back saying the (lo gas) light came on and he heard the beep, normal right, well later today I filled her up, bit more then half a tank (40liters) and went for a ride, like 5 minutes into the ride I heard a beep, again just one and no lights, codes, nothing. So I continue and again, and then it was more frequent! then i noticed that every time this happened the gas meter dropped really fast to 0 and back up to around half tank.

So i headed home and for a moment it was happening every few seconds and the gas level was dropping and going back up really fast, by now i was driving normally, and there where no lights nor codes, and before arriving to my dock it calmed down and seemed to be back to normal, it did it one last time when i was parking it.

I don't know if it could be the gas meter, something electrical or something else, the manual says the beep is over heating but my oil level and coolant are ok, and if this was the case whats up with the gas level going crazy

Thanks again so much for your time and any help, the closest dealer is at a 4 hour drive from where i live, but i'll call them on monday

i filled the tank up and took it for a ride, just for 10 mins or so and didn't get any beeps. Im suspecting the float...

I called the dealer they are going to see when they can send someone to check it out, hope its soon.

But it would be great if someone knew about this or something similar has happened so i can be a little more informed.

Thanks

G.romay, I would also suspect the float. I have the 150, 155HP and after running mine until the low fuel warning sounded, it shows a full tank on the gauge no matter how much fuel is in it. Haven't taken the time to call the dealer here. Let us know what happens with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back