Gas cap chain issue...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cfry

So my 15 year old nephew put gas in my 2007 rxp the other day. Not realizing it until a couple days later when I took it to put gas in it...he apparently jerked the gas cap off breaking the little part that attaches the gas cap chain to the inside of the gas tube. I’m assuming this part fell down into the gas tank. I was slightly annoying but not overly concerned seeing as how we had been driving it around with no problems for several days now. Plus I figured that there was probably some sort of filter to keep any kind of debris out of the system. With all that being said...we got on it yesterday and went to crank it up and it wouldn’t start. The starter was turning over just fine but it sounded like it wasn’t getting any fuel to the motor. I tried cranking it a couple dozen times with no luck so I pulled the seat to see if anything jumped out at me that could be the cause. Couldn’t find anything and after about half an hour gave up looking. Was about to give up and put it back on the trailer but figured I’d give it a few more try’s before putting it up and on the fourth try it kind of spittered and sputtered and then cranked right up. Have started and stopped it a couple dozen times since with no problems. Any ideas on what the problem could have been and should I be concerned about future issues? Thanks!

I would suggest pulling out the fuel pump assembly and looking at the filters. Be sure to disconnect you battery first, a lot of fuel tends to come out when you get the assembly out. The easiest way to do it on that ski is to remove the glove box. There are two tabs that hold it down, press those and it pulls right out. There are two filters, one visible on the outside and one at the very bottom of the inner tube. Check both filters. When you get it back in, be sure to press gently down and get all the washers and nuts on an snug before tightening them up. Also run it before putting the glove box back to make sure you have no leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back