Gap between drive shaft and propeller?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

SeanB

Hey Guys,

Took my sea doo out today for the first ride of the season and was met with some heavy vibrations and little to no thrust. Sometimes it would come back for a second but then cut out again. Looking underneath I’m seeing this gap which obviously isn’t normal. Any ideas on what the issue can be?

IMG_8207.jpegIMG_8206.jpeg

More than likely the splines have stripped inside the impeller because the boot had come off and the grease was all gone, you are probably going to have to replace both the shaft and the impeller. It's typical for the boot to come loose when you don't use the recommended thread sealant , I use the OEM boots , they work the best.

So took apart everything at the rear. Driveshaft definitely looks stripped but can’t tell with the impeller, best to just replace both? Also everything was OEM and untouched so I am confused as to why the thread sealant failed. Is there possibly anything here covered under warranty?IMG_8303.jpegIMG_8304.jpeg

The driveshaft is an OEM part , the boot looks like aftermarket , for myself I like OEM parts. If you are going to do this yourself (replace the driveshaft you will need some specialty tools as well as the parts and the sealant , if you do not have those then you are pretty much committed to a BRP shop or finding someone that has the tools.

Back