fuel sending unit for 95 speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
results?

Can I use a 95 SEADOO XP FUEL TANK BAFFLE PICKUP FLOAT for a 95 speedster?
Did it work? I just bought a 97 Speedster and have the same problem. I tried ordering the complete baffle/float assembly, but just received a notice that is no longer available from the manufacturer. I just want my fuel gauge to work.

I'm cool with attempting the $20 float fix method, if someone has done it successfully on one of these old boats.

Yes it works. Its a pretty easy install. All you u have to make sure is on the bottem there are tabes on each side of the sending unit on the cap. DO NOT break or bend the tabes.

Well I replaced the float. No change. The orginal black one floated fine in a bucket of water, and the new white one still does not affect the gauge. It still sits around 1/4 tank, unless I unplug the pink wires. Then it drops way left below empty.

Oh well.

First thing to do would be to unplug the harness to the unit. Then stick a jumper wire in the two prongs and watch to see if your gauge goes all the way up. If it does not, than your gauge is bad. If it does, than there is a very small fuse built inside of the unit. Do a forum search and it will tell you how to find and fix it. I got lucky with mine the fuse was still good.

The float will only sometimes fix the gauge, it is typically the F1 fuse that is bad.

Found problem with fuel sending unit. Magnet on float fell to bottom of sending unit. took unit apart and re-glue magnet to float. Everything is good again. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back