Fuel selector switch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone tell me if this switch is on, off,or reserve in this position. It will only turn clockwise from the position shown. It is a 96 xpimage.jpg

Can you pull the knob off and put it back on 180 degrees out? My guess is you are on reserve right now.

If you say the knob will only turn clockwise then something is backwards.

Last edited:
That switch is on, not reserve. You cannot put the knob on incorrectly. It is keyed.

If it feels strange when you turn it, the plastic knob could be stripped. Take off the knob and inspect the back of it.

The knob is 180 degrees out
The valve is in the reserve position as you can turn it clockwise to Off then On ( from Reserve )

If it is 180 off then it is stripped and Jamed or there is a non standard after market valve installed

When that selector starts to strip, gets hard to turn it usually indicates your selector is going, aging, it gets spongey. Internally, that selector is very simple, it has a diaphram that erodes over time from the gas. If you remove the side set screw, and slowly wiggle it back and forth, you can actually remove the selector, and you will find a mushy gray diaphram. Unfortunately that diaphram is not replaceable and you have to replace the entire selector. However, to save a lot of work,( removing the lines from the selector) , you could find a good working diaphram,, and swap it with the mushy one.

Seems like this might have been suggested already.

Sure sounds like it's flipped 180. You can only spin 1 direction then back that direction.

My guess is your in reserve right now and need to flip the knob 180

On my xp the knob is not keyed. It is a rectangle and can infact be flipped one way or the other

As the selector diaphram gets mushy and creates resistance, eventually the selector will skip out of the holder, and your selector is now out 180 degrees.

It is not stripped. If the position in the pic is on what position is off, and what position is reserve?

Centered is off. You've either got the plate 180 out or the knob 180 out. Simplest thing we keep telling you is to flip the knob around 180. It's really not that difficult to figure this out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back