Fuel pressure test

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djones76

How would I do the fuel pressure test on a 2000 seadoo gtx di. I did a compression test already everything’s all good with that. But when I run it on the trailer connected to the hose I can get to like 6000 rpm but when I’m in the lake I only can get to barley 2000rpm

gtx di fuel pressure test

You need to find the appropriate fuel line fittings to make your own homemade gauge manifold, unless you bought the special seadoo factory service gauge tool. A good FLAP (favorite local auto parts) shop should have the type fittings you need to make your own gauge manifold, and the special tool for pulling the special springlock high pressure fittings apart.

Basically, you will insert a "T" in the fuel line that contains your pressure gauge.

From there, I suggest you can follow the shop manual service procedure, you should have a shop manual anyway, as they're worth their weight in gold.

Also you should measure compressor air pressure, a good place to begin.

For the fuel pressure tester, you are looking at about $100 in parts. Autozone carries most of the parts you will need. All fuel lines / fittings are 5/16". I got the male and female quick disconnect ends. For the male end I got Dorman 800-159, which has both the 5/16 and 3/8 double male end steel lines ($18.99). For the female end, I had to get Dorman 800-057, which is a nylon 5/16 line repair kit ($19.99). You will also need some 5/16" high pressure fuel line (I got 4 ft at $4.09 per ft). Finally you will need a compression tester gauge ($25.99). The rest I got from Lowes (brass fittings to tie the parts together). I got a needle valve to regulate flow when testing the pump by itself (Watts LFA-41 - 1/4 OD x 1/8 MIP), a brass T (Watts LFA-704 - 1/8 MIP x3), and 2 brass nipples (Watts LFA-715 - 1/8 MIP x2). All told around $20 at Lowes. You will also need hose clamps to secure them. Attached is a pic of the final product.
I designed it such that the guage can be read while riding the Doo if necessary (long gauge hose length).
To give props, it is based on a design DooWacka posted in this thread:
DI Seadoo Fuel Pump
View attachment 19455

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back