Fuel Issues 2000 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregM64

Ok, not drawing fuel from from tank, I removed tank line from inlet on carb(s) & connected clear hose to the inlet & then connected that to a bottle of fuel, which it did start drawing fuel up the hose a little bit, but then I would have to raise the bottle to help gravity feed it & she fired up & it ran like a champ. Then I attach a clear hose to the filter that would go to the inlet on the carb(s) & was able to pull fuel up from tank to the filter no problem. So, no I have not checked the pulse line for any cuts or holes but I will right after I send this. On that note, the pulse line from crank case, if I blow or draw air thru the line should I expect free flowing either way???
And Yes, it has good compression in both cylinders & all the lines have been replaced when I put a new engine in, back in 2018. Needing some help.

The pump should draw fuel up that line no matter what position. I've activated the pump successfully just putting a clean hose in my mouth and connecting to the pulse connection. Doesn't take much. Drew the fuel right up the clear line and it held it.

Could be you have some water in the fuel pump. That will stop it from working properly,

There is definitely zero water in the pump. Do you know if you blow or draw air in the pulse line to the crank case if it should be free flowing?

There is definitely zero water in the pump. Do you know if you blow or draw air in the pulse line to the crank case if it should be free flowing?

It should free flow into the engine but should not flow at all if blowing towards carb.

Well, I'm thinking it has to be the fuel pump, maybe the check values aren't really working like they should, I guess I will rebuild carbs over the weekend & see what happens. Thanks,

Genuine Mikuni Parts or nothing at all. Good Luck. If your problem is that pronounced it should easily be visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back