Fuel Injector Service

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I haven't paid detailed attention to the data provided with my fuel injector cleaning service mainly because I have not done that many RFI skis. I just get the injectors serviced and reinstall. Recently I've removed a couple of failed engines and in looking at the data on this report the injector was most likely the cause of the engine failure. I am sending off two more injectors from another engine. It will be interesting to see the data on these two. Attached is the data from the injectors I sent out for one of the previous engines "before and after" performance of the injectors. Very "eye-opening" for certain.

1. Look at the before - performance figures and flow rates. Flow rates of 12 and 44 with bad spray patterns.
2. The after data shows flow rates of 74 with good spray patterns
3. The graph of the before and after data is very telling with a 516 %improvement and 68% on the other.

If you have not had your injectors serviced by a reputable shop it is a good idea to do so especially after engine work. I look at it just like carburetors that need new kits and fuel system cleanings and those are a must. Believe it or not, the injectors are far easier to do than carbs... cheaper as well.... as long as yours aren't unserviceable.
Good Luck !!
filters. TGTX RFI Injector Data 7-19 (1).JPEGGTX RFI Injector Data 7-19 (2).JPEGGTX RFI Injector Data 7-19 (3).JPEGGTX RFI Injector Data 7-19 (4).JPEG

Last edited:
Definitely something I wouldn't have thought of. I could definitely see swapping a engine and putting the old injectors right back in. Definitely could cause a problem. Good to know if I ever get a fuel injected ski!

I am on my 4th injected ski and I just got the fuel injectors back from the fuel injector shop. This ski failed a PTO rod bearing so I was curious to see what he would find. Flow rate wasn't bad. His cleaning increased the flow rate 12% on one and 8% on the other. Spray patterns were bad. When I got the paper work back it said the spray patterns were bad so i got in touch with him to find out further. He said the patterns were indeed "Good".

This is what he had to say
Dale - fuelinjectorman.com said:
Bad spray pattern is a as bad or worst than lean. Dirty nozzles.
If spray pattern is not good then the engine can not burn the fuel and goes out exhaust.

I am just trying to raise awareness on these injected skis. Hope this helps someone. Price with shipping to Dale is less than $60. If you have a RFI.... send those injectors out for cleaning in the off season for certain. Touchdowns everyone.

I sent fuel injectors off the 2003 DI to Dale for refurb. I should have contacted him first. He said it is pointless to do the fuel injectors and not the air injectors also. Fuel Injectors meter the fuel, air injectors push the fuel into the cylinders. Said the Air Injectors are more of a problem so I'll be sending those to him tomorrow.

Dale was pretty pointed when he said, " Do not use Carb Cleaner or Brake Cleaner or any chemicals on injectors." I don't try to clean injectors as the price is cheap enough for me to send them to a professional. I always send the injectors to him on these skis. For $60 it is worth it to me to make sure they are good and work properly. Just sharing some information. Good Luck !!

Last edited:
Man we are getting our first cold snap today but I gotta get outside and pull the air injectors off the DI. Might get into the 30's over here tonight but thankfully it will be in the 60's tomorrow afternoon. Whew !! :)

I wanted to take some pictures of my air injectors but I forgot. These two go on the bottom of the fuel rail. I am withholding judgement on the DI skis till I get this one complete. Lots of extra parts on this ladies. LOL :)

Air Injector.jpg

Etemplet please post info on your injector cleaner guy. Does good work... you’re happy with service etc.

Dale seems to know a lot about injectors. :) I trust him and I send all my injectors to him. When I am putting a ski together I go the best job and can and for about $60 I know they are correct. You can look at the graphs and charts he sends with the injectors in the first couple of posts. Yamaha Fuel Injectors

I sent the fuel injectors. This bad boy has TWO injectors for each cylinder. One fuel and one Air. So..... 4 injectors.

Good info. I have 2 fuel injected skis waiting their turn for a rebuild and this solidified the need requirement to get the injectors serviced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back