fuel for PWC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregAD

I've been wondering if using the standard 10% ethanol fuel will damage the engine if it's 87 octane? The manual says not to use any alcohol in the fuel. Also the oil in the injector tank has a slight blue cast to it. Is that the synthetic? I've only seen red and brown mentioned in this forum. Any help will be appreciated.

Greg

It will work, however it's tougher on the rubber components in the fuel system and carbs so you'll have more maintenance. It also does not store for long at all, so I only fill mine up on the way to the lake.

Where I live we don't have the option of any fuel without ethanol unless I drive over an hour to get some. I use ethanol fuel stabilizer if mine will be stored any length of time.

^what he sed on the fuel, the key being dont let it sit very long with todays wonderful fuel unless you put a storage additive in it to help. On the oil, the only way YOU will know for sure is to drain it, flush the rotary gear cavity out and fill with new oil. Some oils dont mix with others and you wind up with a gooey substance that doesnt lube your motor.

+2. FYI, 99% of the time blue and green oil is TCW-2 and is not the oil you should be running in any SeaDoo.

Got it. I think I'll be running the ethanol free stuff then. It's only 2.39 a gallon, so not so bad. I have to go 10 miles round trip for it though. I wouldn't doubt the previous owner ran something unsavory in it. I will flush it and put in the synthetic.

Thanks all.
Greg

If this is your 97' GTI it has the 720 engine and that only requires standard API-TC. You don't have to use the synthetic if you don't want to. The White Bottle Seadoo XPS is fine, $34.99 per gallon on Amazon.

[MENTION=53237]mikidymac[/MENTION] Are you saying that my 717 2003 GTI doesn't require this BRP synthetic oil?

Benji.

They do not sell the mineral oil here anymore so either it is synthetic BRP or else? I am asking that because the closest BRP dealer is at one drive from my place so I have to buy in advance when I am going there.

The local guy doesn't sell BRP oil, hence my question.

Benji.

[MENTION=53237]mikidymac[/MENTION] Are you saying that my 717 2003 GTI doesn't require this BRP synthetic oil?

Benji.

That is correct. Any 720 and smaller seadoo only needs the base seadoo mineral oil. I only use the synthetic in my 2003 GTI because I only want to stock one oil. I used to run the semi synthetic in it but Seadoo stopped selling it.

They do not sell the mineral oil here anymore so either it is synthetic BRP or else? I am asking that because the closest BRP dealer is at one drive from my place so I have to buy in advance when I am going there.

The local guy doesn't sell BRP oil, hence my question.

Benji.

Amazon sells it for $34.99 and free shipping.

Yup. Up their a**e* ! People do not really buy oil on Amazon here. Probably because our population density is not the same here (we make only 10% of the US population) for a larger country.

Benji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back